Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai Azera

http://www.hyundaiazera.com/

I mentioned this in OT, and I figure it warrants a full coversation! What do you guys think? Think Hyundai has a chance at breaking into the luxury market? Should they have created another company (like Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti)?

Discuss

Personally, I think it's pretty awesome. The FWD setup is my only complaint.

LOL!!! Factory equipped CAI. This thing won't last long!!

Comment

I kind of like how the new Sonata looks almost like a Honda. Not sure on this one though the grille seems a bit too big

Comment

Luxury no, but I'm sure it'll sell fine. Most people these days only want to buy a "new" car and dont care how long it lasts. They would rather be able to say they own a 2005 model that will most likely have to take advantage of that warranty, rather than a mid 90's that runs perfectly fine. Just shows the typical American mentality of no common sense, and only acting to be "cool" but hey, to each his own.

Comment

It looks very Buickish...I'm not really feeling it. If Hyundai/Kia really want to get serious about luxury they need a new nameplate and a big RWD platform, as well as a sick price advantage. If they brought out something like the '89 LS400 @ '89 LS400 prices they'd prob. do pretty well with it. But whatever, we'll see.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It kinda looks like the '03-'04 Accord.
            For some reason it does, i mean its not bad.

The '06 Sonata is not bad also.
            Hyundai is breaking into the market.
            They are going to be well known in about a couple of years.

Just look at Honda and how it started, little company now
            look, big world wide.
            By looking at the products coming out (Sonata, Tiburon, Azera)
            I can tell they are going to have an alright Future.

Comment

I think its going to be in the same ball park as, some Buicks, Mercurys, BMW, and AUDI. But i love the XG350 and the Amanti so i know this will be good.

Comment

I think this thread needs alot more attention.

from what I know, the Azera is going to be in the same Class ballpark as the BMW 7 series, Mercedes S Class etc. And going to sell for less than half the price. Its going to be around 30-35. But not above 40.

Hyundai? Luxury? Korean automaker to introduce upscale, rear-drive car in U.S. in 2007
                JAMES B. TREECE | Automotive News
                Posted Date: 5/3/05

Hyundai Motor Co. will introduce a rear-wheel-drive luxury car in the United States in 2007 to test the waters for launching a luxury brand.

Pickups and sports cars are lower priorities for the Korean automaker, Hyundai's Korean executives said during the Seoul motor show here last week.

After launching the luxury car, "We will decide whether or not to launch a separate brand," said Kim Dong Jin, Hyundai's vice chairman and co-CEO.

He said Hyundai has a number of issues to settle. For example, the automaker may offer franchises in a new brand only to existing Hyundai dealers, or to dealers who currently do not sell Hyundais.

Kim says a luxury car is a "higher priority" for Hyundai than a pickup. A luxury car would "improve our brand image" in ways that a pickup would not, he says.

But U.S. executives have stressed repeatedly that they would prefer to get a large pickup before luxury vehicles. Hyundai Motor hopes to sell 1 million units annually in the United States in 2010. Hyundai and affiliate Kia sold a total of 688,670 units in the United States in 2004.

Hyundai sells no rear-drive car now.

A spate of upcoming vehicle redesigns should succeed in building up the Hyundai image, "then naturally, a customer wants a luxury car from Hyundai," said Brandon Yea, director of the marketing strategy team in the Hyundai and Kia corporate marketing division. "That's when we'll launch a luxury brand."
                I dont think that any one has grasped the fact that the Azera is only a guenia pig to test weither or not that Hyundai will launch a premium brand name like Lexus, Infinity, Acura... etc.

At first, i really didnt like Hyundais and Kias.... Total garbage. Then, the XG300 Opened my eyes. Then there was the Amanti, Then the Sorento. This Korean Auto maker is really trying to take a stab at Japanese auto makers!

The've already proven their low budget cars (sonata, sophia, Rio etc) can hang with Jap low budget cars (corolla, mazda3, etc) Now they're going after the Luxury side.

Now theyre looking at RWD... Honda hasn't even touched that drivetrain in regular car vehicles. Looks like Hyundai is doing their homework.....can't wait for the next Tiburon.....I can see it now - RWD with the 3.8 265 hp at 23-25k loaded
                its just like when jap cars first came to the states. They were considdered garbage for a while. Now their the top cars. Korean shit is gaining that status.

EDIT:

http://grandeur.hyundai-motor.com/grandeurTG.swf

click on PR Movie on the navagation list on the top left to see a cool movie with the Azera AKA Grandeur in Asia
                Last edited by lil_dcb7; 08-09-2005, 06:53 PM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I think its official now. Hyundai is copying every car Honda makes. The Sonata looks exactly like an Accord. Now this car is strikingly similar to the RL. Featurewise at least.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    I think its official now. Hyundai is copying every car Honda makes. The Sonata looks exactly like an Accord. Now this car is strikingly similar to the RL. Featurewise at least.
                    i dont think its a bad thing. Every auto maker takes a "model" car to achieve a new flagship.

Look at Lexus. Do you know what car Toyota took apart, bolt by bolt to come up with their flagship? The Mercedes Benz.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

What sells these cars is the WARRANTY. People hate paying for repairs out of their own pocket. I mean they warranty their cars for like 20 yrs! (little exagerating) Their very affordable and they look a lot better. What gave them a bad name was the Excel. Man, did they smoke. Possibly the worse car ever. I like hyundai. Wouldn't buy one though. Next thing you know, they will come out with a pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by jeesare
                        Next thing you know, they will come out with a pick up.

Kia beat you to the punch

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/auto...ia/mojave.html

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7

You seem to have a picture for every post I make. Your a good researcher. Whenever I need a pic, I'll let you know lil_dcb7

Comment

Originally posted by jeesare
                            You seem to have a picture for every post I make. Your a good researcher. Whenever I need a pic, I'll let you know lil_dcb7
                            anytime. lm the DUNKiNUTS of Korean cars

and im mexican.........

yeah im pretty resourceful on other cars too

Comment

That Kia truck actually looks pretty awesome. Korea is the next Japan when it comes to cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X