Good ole American Iron!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ole American Iron!

Glad to see American muscle still alive!! I wish they'd just do something about the rear of this car.. they were so much sexier before. It's like the designers got so tired designing the front and got to the back and said "ah hell, just chop it off!"

New C6 Vette

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Check out the limited editon DevilRay 427. Its going 0-60 3.7sec, 1/4M in 11.5. Its in the new edtion of Motor Trend I believe. There are only 25 being constructed.
    Its nasty!

-Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

its a vette?.....................don't get to happy about it. I say that b/c that are to many cars that are to easily faster with a lot less money.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
        its a vette?.....................don't get to happy about it. I say that b/c that are to many cars that are to easily faster with a lot less money.
        People that buy Vette's don't care that for the same amount of money they could go faster in a Honda. It's still not a Vette and still doesn't have the history behind it.

Plus throw money at a Vette and it'll be troublingly fast as well.

Comment

I challenge you to find me iron in that car.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I love a good challenge!

Aluminum block with iron cylinder bore liners: The lightweight block is cast from 319-T5 aluminum with cast-in-place iron cylinder bore liners. A die-cast aluminum valley cover and upper deck rails tie together the cylinder banks, increasing torsional and bending stiffness.

From what I found on the research.. they are using CGI (Compacted Graphite Iron) in new engine blocks in other cars as well, like Jaguars.

I like people who always diss on vettes.. they usually say mid-life crisis car..LOL. I'd have to imagine they have never drove one. That is one helluva car hands down. Yeah, they are pricey, but you don't have to buy one. People usually buy a vette for more reasons than wanting a fast car.

As for the Devil Ray.. yeah. I seen it.. too bad I'm not rich. Looks like that the Vette is a pretty good deal after all when you consider the Supercars it's beating out... check out the numbers and cars it beats:

’05 MTI Devil Ray 427
            $71,000* 600 HP 3.7 seconds 11.5 @ 127.2 mph 72.9 mph
            ’05 Corvette Z51
            $51,000 400 HP 4.3 seconds 12.7 @ 112.3 mph 66.2 mph
            ’04 Dodge Viper SRT-10
            $83,795 500 HP 3.9 seconds 11.8 @ 123.6 mph 70.4 mph
            ’04 Ferrari 360 Stradale
            $193,324 425 HP 4.3 seconds 12.5 @ 114.1 mph 72.7 mph
            ’03 Ferrari 575M Maranello
            $241,000 508 HP 4.2 seconds 12.3 @ 118.6 mph 66.2 mph
            ’04 Lamborghini Gallardo
            $188,000 500 HP 4.3 seconds 12.5 @ 116.7 mph 67.1 mph
            ’02 Lamborghini Murcielago
            $285,000 571 HP 3.5 seconds 11.7 @ 122.6 mph 66.2 mph
            ’05 Lotus Elise
            $44,000 190 HP 5.1 seconds 13.5 @ 102.9 mph 73.2 mph
            ’04 Porsche 911 GT3
            $106,415 380 HP 3.9 seconds 12.1 @ 116 mph 71.6 mph
            ’03 Porsche 911 Turbo X50
            $137,145 444 HP 3.7 seconds 11.9 @ 119.9 mph 69.9 mph

Dunkin Doughnuts doesn't like Vettes or any other American car but Saleen. So if you're gonna hate, you might as well have the best in your corner.. runs 10.7@136 which smashes everything above.
            Last edited by akrodha; 07-28-2005, 11:45 AM.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
            Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
            Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
            Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

oh boy here we go again. I am a fan of just about every car. Fast or slow. But i have some i like more then others. Saleens are garbage except for the S7. I would take a Roush anyday over a Saleen. But back to the point. A modded Cobra would eat up that Vette that costs easily 100K+ and for the Cobra what 50K. with mods. I am just saying its not worth the buy. But its not a bad car i just think its stupid to pay that much for something that slow. Meaning if i an going to pay 100K i better be having a race car. Yes that goes for Lambos, Ferraris, etc. etc.

Comment

yeah man that car is nasty that thing is insane with its high tech leaf suspension.....
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
                  oh boy here we go again. I am a fan of just about every car. Fast or slow. But i have some i like more then others. Saleens are garbage except for the S7. I would take a Roush anyday over a Saleen. But back to the point. A modded Cobra would eat up that Vette that costs easily 100K+ and for the Cobra what 50K. with mods. I am just saying its not worth the buy. But its not a bad car i just think its stupid to pay that much for something that slow. Meaning if i an going to pay 100K i better be having a race car. Yes that goes for Lambos, Ferraris, etc. etc.
                  A modded Cobra...are you talking original Cobra, or Mustang Cobra?

Have you ever seen the Lingenfelter Vettes? Twin turbo, and get better fuel economy.

Hell, Lingenfelter made an Escalade do 0-60 in 4.0 seconds and was around the 100K mark.

Lingenfelter had a Sonoma that ran 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.

I know you're a Ford guy, and as you can tell, I'm not, but I think you need to give the Vette more credit than you do. Have you ever driven one? Car and Driver ran it up against the Porsche 911 and said the Vette's a better car for the money. That's where the Vette wins. To make a Mustang as fast as a Vette you have to spend money on the Mustang. Spend that same amount of money in the Vette and the Vette's faster. It's a different platform.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                    I challenge you to find me iron in that car.
                    !!!
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

But why is it every Chevy guy who builts up a classic end up using a Ford 9 inch rear end?

And as for the Honda thing. Yeah you could dump so much money into the block just to make the car go alot faster but IMO I love the new Vette its so much smaller and alot less uglier than the c5.

I never really like the Vettes up until the C6 came out. Its so much cleaner a little smaller and alot more sexy.

Im a Ford guy as well and Im a big fan of the Mustangs (Fox body era) and for the newer stangs rolling out for 2k5. Its a mix of love and hate.

Retro cues are cool...but it made it a little more uglier.

Id only rock a vette or a stang in steel blue or black colors.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Well...first off I am a PROUD FORD MAN. second, the vette isn't a bad car but like i said it just isn't a smart buy IMO. third, i was reading the FF&MM out in newstands now. There is a new 05 mustang with a mustang cobra motor swap in the deep nines. And its still street legal. My point i am trying to make is that there are cheaper ways to get power with v8 rwds. But the new Saleen Mustang runs 12.5 in the quater. the new vette runs low 12s. and they are about the same price. So its a battle of what shade of blue the sky is. Its a matter of opinion. But there are some hard underlining facts, like cost, customizibility, etc. Its like taking a bike against a RSX that runs 13s, sure the bike maybe faster but were is the pride in buying speed? Yes its nice to have speed and go faster but where do you draw the line at? meaning now a day you can get cars that run 14 flat that range in price from 20K-50K.

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
                          I love a good challenge!

Aluminum block with iron cylinder bore liners: The lightweight block is cast from 319-T5 aluminum with cast-in-place iron cylinder bore liners. A die-cast aluminum valley cover and upper deck rails tie together the cylinder banks, increasing torsional and bending stiffness.
                          I know that the cylinder sleeves are iron I'm just saying that car hasn't been mostly iron for a few generations now. So I figured your thread sould have a different name for a mostly composite car. It was a joke by the way.

Anyhow my foundness for vettes has died with the introduction of the C6... yes I've driven it and yes it's nice but it feels so cheap. I actually prefer the feel of the C5 which I have worked on allot and like allot. I know this one benefits from "newer" technology but it's just not my cup of tea. I don't give a shit that the LeMans team requested the fixed headlight for areodynamic purposess. It's not a vette without flip ups, that is a horrible mistake. It was bad enough that for the C5 they no longer flipped around now they got rid of them?! What's next... wheels? LeMans was making a fast car with the headlight retrofit.... I hope they bomb with this new improved model and the German's hand them their ass.

Comment

[B][I]Pop Quiz: Who is getting LAID FIRST by the hot chick?
                            ’05 MTI Devil Ray 427
                            $71,000* 600 HP 3.7 seconds 11.5 @ 127.2 mph
                            $241,000 508 HP 4.2 seconds 12.3 @ 118.6 mph
                            OK there are other factors besides speed. The Vett is sexy (albiet perhaps slower) than a modded 5.4sc'd Cobra. The Vett owner is getting alot more nookie though!
                            '91 Honda Accord LX
                            $2,000 140hp 9.5 seconds 16.0 @ 90 mph
                            I'm just lucky to be getting any!!!!!

-Zipcreature
                            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                              [B][I]Pop Quiz: Who is getting LAID FIRST by the hot chick?
                              ’05 MTI Devil Ray 427
                              $71,000* 600 HP 3.7 seconds 11.5 @ 127.2 mph
                              $241,000 508 HP 4.2 seconds 12.3 @ 118.6 mph
                              OK there are other factors besides speed. The Vett is sexy (albiet perhaps slower) than a modded 5.4sc'd Cobra. The Vett owner is getting alot more nookie though!
                              '91 Honda Accord LX
                              $2,000 140hp 9.5 seconds 16.0 @ 90 mph
                              I'm just lucky to be getting any!!!!!

-Zipcreature
                              If you think in today's world that a Vette owner will be getting more pussy because of the car then a Ferrari owner then you are seriously distrubed. What kind of gold diggers are you even thinking of? I don't think even the stupidest trailer trash would choose a vette over a ferrari.

Comment

Working...
                              X