96 accord ex bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 accord ex bogging down

Hey guys the wifes car is bogging down at random rpm ranges and in any gear, she has a 1996 Honda Accord Ex auto I have changed the battery and Alternator because both were bad I replaced the spark plugs the cap and rotor look fine but I think I'm going to replace them anyway. The tranny has never been flushed or had the fluid changed.

When acclerating the car goes fine then bogges down some times worse then others the is pops back up and goes. At first I thought maybe the tranny was slipping but the rpms would not drop then they would climb. The car does this in all gears at any speed many under accleration but some times while crusing. I need your guys expert opinions thanks guys

Chris

You do know that Honda has a 150K emissions warranty....right? as long as it has between 75K and 150K you get a free tune-up covered under warranty. All you gotta do is take it to any Honda dealer.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

What if I'm not the original owner? Can I still get a free tune up? *Gets excited*

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Yes I did know about the tune up and the car has like 152K on it an I belive it does not matter if you are not the original owner but the car has to fail emissions in order for them to work on it or at least that was what I was told

Comment

Well nuts, I don't have emissions inspections down here, so that's good and bad

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cord
            the car has to fail emissions in order for them to work on it or at least that was what I was told
            No this is not at all true. EVERY 96/97 Honda sold in the U.S. has the 150K emissions warranty and ALL of them get the free tune-up as long as it has between 75K and 150K miles and you DO NOT have to be the original owner. Every emissions related repair, anything that causes the CEL to come on, and the free tune-up is covered under this warranty.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

mrhonda thanks for clearing that up. So do you guys have any ideas about what the problem could be?

Comment

That is what I meant to say about the tranny in the first post but I guess it came out wrong

The car does do it when you are accelerating for a stop but also will crusing at speed

Yes bogging down means no power

One morning it did not start but the battery was dead so I replaced the battery and the alternator because we had that tested and was getting weak. We have not had a problem with the car not starting since that. I think i'm going to go get a fuel fitler for the hell of it i probably needs a new one anyway.

You guys think it could possible be the O2 sensor?

Comment

Working...
                X