Sick RX7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick RX7

man, this is sweet, this makes me want an rx7 even more. this thing whips an sti over and over again.

Click here to see Video

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

RX7 > You. If I didn't have an Accord or a poor man's budget, this would be my vehicle. It just screams performance.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
      RX7 > You. If I didn't have an Accord or a poor man's budget, this would be my vehicle. It just screams performance.
      Same here. Well and the fact that those last gen rx-7's are so problem prone.
      Check engine light = replace engine
      my ride

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
        Same here. Well and the fact that those last gen rx-7's are so problem prone.
        Check engine light = replace engine
        I hear ya on that, but the car itself is just so goddamn sexy and fast that the problems just wouldn't seem so bad. Of course, wasn't it like the engine seals that had to be replaced every 75000 miles or something like that. IDK, what was it exactly that made them so problematic?
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
          but the car itself is just so goddamn sexy...
          god, i love FDs... Especially the way they look, the teardrop design. I mean when your at the front your like, "mmmm" then when you get to the back its like WHAM! Kinda like looking a Jennifer Lopez...Nice ass!!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

love that rotary power that sti's blow off valve sounded tight!
            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I don't think that's an STI. Doesn't look like the style

Comment

well even if it's just a WRX the blow off valve sounded sweet.
                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  very UNTRUE.....i owned one......94 r2.......

You owned one? Well where is it...? Do you still have it?

Comment

Mazda is too 'weird' for me! Rotary?!? Miller cycle?!?! 1.8 V6?!?! WTF!!!
                    What's in their pipe?

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

people call them unreliable, say they'll only get 80,000 miles before dying, but i did those above mods, ran 12's and got 121,000 miles and it was still running perfectly before i got rid of it....drove it a couple hundred miles to and from work every day....made some trips to KY and TN for my job.....took it to the track a lot and raced it....they aren't unreliable
                      Not that I want to go against your fine judging skills of cars, but I have heard otherwise from many people. The only rx7 that I have ever messed with was a 84 with the 13b engine so I am basing off what I have read and from what other owners have told me.

The turbo control system is way more complicated then others and tends to be problem prone due to this. The check enigne light dosnt really like to come on even when monitored engine parts are failing, by the time it does come on it's to late, hense the phrase (check engine light = replace engine). I agree that the rx7 is a beautiful car and very powerful in that, but it is not known for it's reliability. It is a high performance car and needs to be babied like one, what I mean by that is going above and beyond the call of duty when taking care of the car. Just doing the regular scheduled check-ups is not going to keep that car on the road. Yours most likely lasted because you are very mechanicaly inclined and know what to listen for and when to listen for it, not only that but I am sure you showed that car alot of love (I would if I had one). All in all rx7's are still a rarity in the import community and not to many people really know how to work on them. With this in mind the price tag on repairs and parts can be very pricey.
                      my ride

Comment

compared to other cars that are meant to go fast, they're very reliable....compared to a car meant to never see 90mph, they're not.......
                        very ture.... spoken like a ture gear head... hats off to you fizzy...

Comment

they are so problem prone but you can do a good rebuild in less than a day. The perfect car.

Comment

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...p=y&cardist=28

off to california to buy a rx-7. payce
                            my ride

Comment

they're more reliable than most of what mitsubishi builds....hell, they had to recall ALL the new eclipses because of a faulty brake proportioner

most 80's and 90's turbo cars get an "unreliable" rep......the "unreliable" factor is actually the "stupid as shit" owner......people wanna drive, drive and drive some more.....that's why honda is so popular.....you can do that with 100hp hondas.....not 255hp 1.3 liter sportscars

DSMs =

Comment

Working...
                              X