No announcement yet.

350hp neon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just because he has a huge FMIC means he's pushing well over 200 WHP? how do you even know it was connected to anything?

as for the gauges, silly mexicans like to wire them to their clocks. the needles still move, but not the way they should.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
      It was a joke.... dont cry.... Wanna cookie..? hmm? Wanna sooooooooda?

seriously tho, it was the first thing that popped in my head. How do we know those gauges arent the one you get at wal mart, you know the ones with the clock and compass together..? Just the first thing that popped in my head.
      one guage is a clock, one is temp of the air, temp of the ocean water, ur ramen noodle timer back at home, timer to tell u when to pick up ur gf, a scale so u can really see how much ur pasenger weights, ones probly a big shift light, amp wattage, front brake rotor flux capicitor oil psi, its all useless

Comment

I'm amazed at how everyone focused on the gauges... A guy is running a SOHC motor, says he's turbod, and claims 350hp... and EVERYONE calls BS. Why?

MRX is running about 300 at the crank on a totally stock motor. He's also using a chipped ECU, a Starion FMIC, and a lot of other "not so great" parts. With a few upgrades, he could easily get 350 on his stock motor as well. The Neon kid never said it was to the wheels! If he WAS making that much at the wheels, that's entirely possible as well.

Is it because it's a Neon? It is because it's a newer SOHC motor that makes more than 125hp? The guy had a 2004 (or something like it) with a turbo. Chances are he didn't have a 15 year old DSM t25 bolted to it with PVC piping for charge pipes. The guy probably dropped 15k on the car, and another 3-5k on the turbo setup. It's very possible that he was boosting on stock internals, in which case, he would certainly be smart to want to monitor EVERYTHING that is going on! Gauges aren't rice, they're smart.

What's more likely, a guy with a bunch of phony gauges and bogus FMIC, or someone that's actually boosted?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          Wow, this is great, if you don't own a CB7, your car sucks. Awesome.
          my htoughts exactly lol thats messed up

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I'm amazed at how everyone focused on the gauges... A guy is running a SOHC motor, says he's turbod, and claims 350hp... and EVERYONE calls BS. Why?

MRX is running about 300 at the crank on a totally stock motor. He's also using a chipped ECU, a Starion FMIC, and a lot of other "not so great" parts. With a few upgrades, he could easily get 350 on his stock motor as well. The Neon kid never said it was to the wheels! If he WAS making that much at the wheels, that's entirely possible as well.

Is it because it's a Neon? It is because it's a newer SOHC motor that makes more than 125hp? The guy had a 2004 (or something like it) with a turbo. Chances are he didn't have a 15 year old DSM t25 bolted to it with PVC piping for charge pipes. The guy probably dropped 15k on the car, and another 3-5k on the turbo setup. It's very possible that he was boosting on stock internals, in which case, he would certainly be smart to want to monitor EVERYTHING that is going on! Gauges aren't rice, they're smart.

What's more likely, a guy with a bunch of phony gauges and bogus FMIC, or someone that's actually boosted?
            Thanks deev!!!.....at least someone finds it possible for this neon to be pushing some power!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yea but its a neon...

SOLD!

Comment

Guys let's not turn into one of those asshole sites, please...

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i never talked down on the neon i said it was possible that the gauges were most likely to monitor his turbo and shit. i'm not a neon hater, i love my bro's SRT-4 that thing is badass
                  CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                    as for the gauges, silly mexicans like to wire them to their clocks. the needles still move, but not the way they should.
                    WHAT?!?! I'm Mexican!!! Our gauges arent wired to our clocks! They're spliced with the tach!! Gosh!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

ooh can of worms opened
                      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

wow im glad my guages are hooked up to my clocks.

my friend just got done building his TC SOHC neon and he was running high 12s and got kicked off the track cause he didnt have a helmet or anything so he couldnt keep going.. thats to bad.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          coz some people probably feel intimidated knowing their cb7 can't come close to how other cars perform

..hope i don't get the thrown up if i get the car i want, and i say it has

344bhp..ALL MOTOR
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                          X