No announcement yet.

Honda City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody post that vid? I would like to see it.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

The Honda City was originally a three-door supermini-sized automobile hatchback manufactured by the Japanese Honda company, and was launched in 1981. It was one of the first "tall" hatchbacks: to maximize interior room without occupying more road space, the body was quite tall.

At the Tokyo Motor Show that year, one gimmick was a folding motorcycle that could fit into the City's boot.

A turbocharged version was added to the range in 1982 and a cabriolet version soon after.

In 1983, the Honda City replaced the Mini in New Zealand Motor Corp.'s local assembly line-up.

Honda exported the City as the Honda Jazz in Europe, the City name being owned by Adam Opel AG at the time.

Honda replaced the original City with a low subcompact car, the GA1 series, in 1986, with an update to the GA2 in 1989. This model was produced until 1994. There was no cabriolet model. The Fit name appeared as a trim variant on this generation of City. In most European and Australasian markets, the City Mk II's market position was filled by the Honda Logo (GA3) in 1999.

In April 1996, the Honda City familiar to many Asian markets was released in Bangkok. This City, still a subcompact slotting beneath the Honda Civic, is a four-door sedan model for the developing markets in Asia, and built in Ayutthaya, Thailand. In Japan, the same model is called the Honda Fit Aria; the Aria tag is not used in the People's Republic of China.

A revised, facelifted third-generation City was released in 2000 and included sports sedan models powered by Honda's 1,500 cm VTEC variable valve timing engines.

In November 2002, the City Mk IV was released and included an all-wheel-drive model. Its appearance resembles a booted version of the contemporary Honda Jazz.

C/O Trillian

14.72 @ 94.03.
      www.myspace.com/hyphyee

Comment

Very nice info there!

For anyone who doens't know, the City is one of the cars you can get in GT4. I got one, boosted it to hell... and it still sucked!

There's also a 2G Civic (I think) featured in an OLD issue of Super Street. It has the turbo City motor in it. Turbo just isn't Honda's thing, it seems.

I know it's off topic, but does anyone have more details on that turbo Legend? I don't know ANYTHING about that.

Comment

Honda also makes turbo sea-doo's. The Aquatrax features a 1235cc tubocharged twin cam 16 valve 4 cylinder. So I guess Honda is taking the time to experiment with different turbo set-up's, to see what works best, before releasing a turbocharged automobile to North America.

Comment

if honda wants to stay dominant in sales in north america they need to come out with a turbo SI or something cuz they need to compete with cars like the ion redline (supercharged), chevy cobalt (supercharged), the EVO (turbo), STR-4 (turbo), WRX (turbo), and pretty much ALL VW'S and audi's have turbos IMO honda is kinda falling off and i hate that. they need to come out with a RWD turbo of some sorts.
            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

turbo cars are in a different category... Its even better when a N/A honda can beat a turbo car. Honda should stay N/A.

All motor Fwd is what makes honda the best car manufacturer.

14.72 @ 94.03.
              www.myspace.com/hyphyee

Comment

i agree with you^^^ but nothin' honda has out now can keep with some of those turbo's listed above----don't get me wrong i love hondas too it's just that you say fwd all motor, like what the new civic? with it's 117hp of fury. i know the new accord hybrid has 255hp and the s2000 240 but who ever buys those? everyone rolls evo's and wrx's out here hondas falling off (new car wise) the old honda's still rock.
                Last edited by Raceboy; 07-06-2005, 05:43 PM.
                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I would love to see a RWD turbo Honda. We never got Nissan's Silvia here (in it's proper form) and the Mazda RX line has taken a dump (and lost the turbo...) Audi, Subaru and Mitsubishi have the AWD turbo market, and Dodge, Mazda (kind of), and VW have the FWD turbo market.

The RWD turbo market has a void. With the current drifting craze, a RWD turbo Honda would definitley catch on if they listened to the market. Basically, something with a bullet proof block, easy upgradability (not overly wired like the RX8), and under $20k. Even if it only made 180hp in stock form, people would eat it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TiTo92E_X
                    Here ya go.

damn offset license plate back in the day, from the factory! teh win!
                    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      The RWD turbo market has a void. With the current drifting craze, a RWD turbo Honda would definitley catch on if they listened to the market. Basically, something with a bullet proof block, easy upgradability (not overly wired like the RX8), and under $20k. Even if it only made 180hp in stock form, people would eat it up.
                      I see what you're saying, but i highly doubt that.
                      RWD under $20k? IMO i think parts/quality
                      wise wouldnt be that good. I mean, look at the s2k, what is it?, 32K starting.
                      And in my opinion the interior on that is -iffy.....
                      Now to make a RWD Turbo would mean deleting soo much parts/quality
                      wise. If Honda ever goes RWD Turbo, expect it to be around $22-25k,
                      somewhere around the RSX alley. Which brings me to my next point.
                      If Honda every makes a RWD Turbo i believe its going to be in the
                      Acura line, for some reason i think that.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

well..... semi off topic.... but what if honda based it off an existing platform? and just converted it to RWD using the s2k motor/trans..... it would proibly come out at like 25-30k tho.... but say in like a RWD turbo rsx? or..... even better.... RWD turbo accord

SOLD!

Comment

Well, the 240sx wasn't an incredibly expensive car, was it?

RWD actually has less complicated parts. The front wheels turn, the rear wheels push. No axles that have to turn and drive at the same time.

The only thing is that RWD isn't really preferred in the "cheap car" crowd. People want FWD for bad weather. Most normal people, especially young people, don't spend $20k on a fair weather car!

I guess I missed one small RWD turbo car that is on the market... Sells for abut $25k. The Mazdaspeed Miata.

Comment

Woah, i dont know about Honda making a RWD Turbo, isnt it
                            against their religion?
                            Any who i think it would be great if they do make it. But dont
                            expect it to be cheap either, im guessing around the 25-30k area.
                            But we can all dream in the future, like me, i was thinking they should
                            come out wiith a newly redesigned Del Sol and make a top
                            of the line RWD Turbo to compete against old gen MR2's and like
                            Deev said, the new Miata's.

I think that would be cool. RWD and more easily affordable than the
                            s2000.

When i went to Honda School, the engeneer there was showing us Pictures
                            of this V8 Honda Engine. I cant quiet recall how did it work, but it was
                            DOHC Vtec with oval shaped piston rings. It was some new designed
                            that never got to see the light of day. I think it was suppose to go into
                            the new Legend thats going to come out.

Comment

Working...
                            X