Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to put some Honda into my Mazda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    Has anyone done an F20C swap from an S2000? I'm sure it won't get any better fuel economy, but doubling the hp would be nice, and it shouldn't weigh any more right?
    I've read some things about people either doing it or talking about doing it. There are no pre-made parts for the F20C/F22C swap as there are for the K series, so the fabrication alone could be costly for anyone not experienced in that sort of thing. It would definitely be a cool thing, for sure.

edit: apparently, yes... as that seems to be what I posted above.

Comment

I know you said a little bit of Honda, but what about a gm ecotec swap? More precisely the le5 2.4l. The kit isn't super expensive and ecotecs are pretty reliable. There also everywhere and cheap.

http://www.ecotecmiata.ca/product-pa...3-9f2198ce2514

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        Has anyone done an F20C swap from an S2000? I'm sure it won't get any better fuel economy, but doubling the hp would be nice, and it shouldn't weigh any more right?
        The photo in the OP is of an F, not a K, and S2000 owners swap in a K24 when they want NA torque.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-20-2017, 05:40 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
          I know you said a little bit of Honda, but what about a gm ecotec swap? More precisely the le5 2.4l. The kit isn't super expensive and ecotecs are pretty reliable. There also everywhere and cheap.

http://www.ecotecmiata.ca/product-pa...3-9f2198ce2514
          I'm honestly not really looking to swap at all. I just thought that the K24 swap would be interesting for the purpose of reliability and fuel economy. My current 1.6L only has 67,000 miles on it. It's just inefficient and slow!

$2000 for the complete kit really is much easier to swallow, though! Although that kit doesn't include any wiring harnesses. A header would have to be fabricated as well, unless one from a Solstice/Sky could be used. I bet the cost would end up closing the gap with the K24 pretty quickly once you get everything necessary to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            The photo in the OP is of an F, not a K, and S2000 owners swap in a K24 when they want NA torque.
            So it is!
            I googled "K24 Miata" and was left with few choices. You'd think the handful of people that have done it would be flooding the internet with photos!

Here's a proper K in an NA.

Comment

It'll cost a fiver.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Comment

Soon Ken will be able to keep up with Barbie's Corvette. Just needs to glue a little turbo in there.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                  X