Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its been debated before BUT....Im undecided.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been debated before BUT....Im undecided.

Hey all.

Well as you've seen my threads within the last few days..or anyone whos talked to me. Ive kinda had the urge to want a Prelude or another Accord (preferably a CD chassis other than a CB chassis). I've had my experience within the confines of a CB7 and since the CD5 is so strikingly similiar to the 4th gen (i.e structural layout with just different panels and an edgier (sp?) design).

Now the question is this...would it be a wise thing to go the CD Chassis route? I like the Cb7s alot for the styling and the way you can make them into a sleeper..then again I also like the CD chassis for their edgier (sp?) design layout.

Right now Im just trying to make my truck run and look a bit better than bland but Im hoping next year..I'll have another Honda to tool around in.

Ive stuck up a poll to get a majority of the votes.

Discuss if you will the pros and cons of the CD chassis versus the CB chassis. And Im not gonna go for posts like CB7 is way better in terms of just simple liking..I need details from you guys. I respect everyones P.O.V here so no flaming please.
    CD Chassis (1994-97) Accord
    19.57%
    CB Chassis (1990-93) Accord
    80.43%
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

im gonna lay it out plain and clear... lol:

the 5g is the uglier version of the 9293 and the 9091 is the better looking version of the 3g.

but thats just my opinion.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I respect that Mike people have their own opinions..I just think the 94 has an edge to it. Where as the 90-93 its a bit boxy looking.

Its hard to decide..I know in terms of Power the CB7s out gun the CD5....but in styling cues CD5 out guns the CB7....it is tad overkill on the decisions though.

Keep em coming guys..I need to hear this out. So far Da M I X E has stated his POV.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

for some reason i am never really drawn towards the CD chassis. i like to see them fixed up but there are few that i like. if you do go with the CD chassis stick with the OBD I (94-95). The 94-95 aslo have only one piece taillights vs the split design of the 96-97.

One thing better though is you can probably find a fairly good condition stock leather interior in a CD a lot quicker than one in a CB (it makes the accord feel that much more luxurious). great plus though is so much compatibility between the CD and CB so you can stick around and still buy or sell parts!!! HAHHA

well whatever you decide it is still your decision. dont let the chassis haters sway you. if you are drawn to the "edgy" styling of the CD's go for it. as of right now im trying to convince my CD brutha(cd6sir) to post also with a few pics of his new accord.

Good Luck and come back to the world of Honda Accords.

Comment

Thanks Clarkster.

Yeah Ill def be back into the world of the Accord. I had talked to ATX about getting another vehicle..he mentioned that since Ive been into Hondas alot...just get another one as long as its a Honda your good only thing im after is the soul and power of a 2.2 liter motor..Ive driven a Civic (to the meet) it can hold its own ground BUT due to it being a 1.8 its got no torque at all.

Just when I'll be back is another question..Ill keep that underwraps.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

Well, i am personally CD chassis fan. I find the styling of the cd to be a good balance between old and new. (Squarish 4th gens and Bubbly 6th and7th gens)

If you go with the CD, definitely go with the 94-95 like clark said. I have a 94- Pics below.
            The CD is also a great sleeper. Just look at mine. And if you have extras in mind, the CD is a good choice. Mine has driver power seat, lumbar support(sp?), power everything.

I noticed you said CD5 meaning four door. Are you going with a four door?
            I think the CB coupes are sporty but between the 4 doors the CD is edgier (IMO)

Well happy shopping.

Last edited by cd6SiR; 04-20-2005, 01:02 PM.

14.72 @ 94.03.
            www.myspace.com/hyphyee

Comment

Yeah I want the coupe.

My cousin had the exact some car as you have..except he had a Coupe...and it was an LX 5spd beautiful car that one was until his brother wrapped it around a tree.

4 doors are wicked looking cars though i tried to get my gf to buy a Auto Acadia green CD5..i test drove it and damn that thing was NICE
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

94-95 black ex coupe ooooo so nice, i wanted one at one point and i think i still have some sort of soft spot for it, slam it to the ground and strip it down to bones and ur set with a cool car lol

Comment

The cd is more modern looking, but personally when I see one kitted out, it feels too generic. If I see a cb dressed up, I damn near break my neck from staring at it. If you had a cd, regardless of what you did to it, it wouldn't stand out as much because its more common to see them pimped. Therefore I would go for the cb...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yeah cb7 is where it's @ i remmeber mine and how i had 280k and the thing went!

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                      The cd is more modern looking, but personally when I see one kitted out, it feels too generic. If I see a cb dressed up, I damn near break my neck from staring at it. If you had a cd, regardless of what you did to it, it wouldn't stand out as much because its more common to see them pimped. Therefore I would go for the cb...
                      im with him.. alot more ppl tune cd's than cb's with cb's u stand out cus not that much cb owners tune up their cars compared to cb owners
                      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Cb7's done right, look beautiful and turn heads (I do), even from STI and evo owners (who supposedly have the newest looking imports on the scene). It may not be the fastest, but the design was years ahead of its time.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I like the 4th gens, you got the windows that roll all the way down in sedans, and pop out on the coupes. And the 5th gens just look too round.

Comment

I've always liked the 5th gens too, but 4ths will always be my favorite. So, I'm gonna have to put my vote toward the CB7.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i would love to get my hands on a 94-95 EX coupe...so nice

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X