2017 Acura NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Acura NSX

Car & Driver got the scoop on it. Personally it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Love the wheel design!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

Comment

I'm a member of a Facebook group called V.I.S.I.T. (Vehicles I See In Traffic. Thanks to lild_cb7) It's a cool group.

Today, someone posted "I saw a car on the road today, it looked like a combination of a Lamborghini and a Corvette... said Acura on the back... what was it?"
      So yeah... pretty damn accurate!

I think the new NSX is impressive as hell. Like the original, it's presenting incredible technology at a bargain price. Sure, it's still worth more than most of my internal organs on the black market... combined... but compared to the only hybrid supercars on the market (the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder), it's a hell of a bargain!
      Still, it doesn't inspire me. I don't think I'd ever want to own one. The original NSX is still far more appealing to me. I don't want some computerized supermachine... I want a car. And while the new NSX may do everything else better than the old NSX... the old NSX is a proper car. It's a gasoline engine that drives the wheels. It's a hydraulically-assisted mechanical steering rack and pinion.

I've heard rumors of Honda using the NSX chassis and releasing a car that lacks all the hybrid gizmos. A cheaper car, gasoline-engine powered only... MR layout... basically, a REAL NSX. If that car hit the market at about $80,000... it would be my current dream car.

Comment

The original NSX has either manual steerin (no assist) or electric power steering (first production application on a road car).
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Dammit... I knew not looking that up before posting it would bite me in the ass!
          Yes, electric power steering came on all automatic NSXs, and became standard on all models in 1994, from what I'm reading. And it makes sense... hydraulic steering on a rear-engine car would be a little awkward (which is why the MR2 also has electric power steering.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Dammit... I knew not looking that up before posting it would bite me in the ass!
            Yes, electric power steering came on all automatic NSXs, and became standard on all models in 1994, from what I'm reading. And it makes sense... hydraulic steering on a rear-engine car would be a little awkward (which is why the MR2 also has electric power steering.)
            The norm to that point was hydraulic. Acura put EPS on the car at that time because it was innovative, lighter, and less mechanically complex. It was designed to address the complaints that the steering was heavy at low speeds, without losing any of the feedback of the manual rack car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'm a member of a Facebook group called V.I.S.I.T. (Vehicles I See In Traffic. Thanks to lild_cb7) It's a cool group.

Today, someone posted "I saw a car on the road today, it looked like a combination of a Lamborghini and a Corvette... said Acura on the back... what was it?"
              So yeah... pretty damn accurate!

I think the new NSX is impressive as hell. Like the original, it's presenting incredible technology at a bargain price. Sure, it's still worth more than most of my internal organs on the black market... combined... but compared to the only hybrid supercars on the market (the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder), it's a hell of a bargain!
              Still, it doesn't inspire me. I don't think I'd ever want to own one. The original NSX is still far more appealing to me. I don't want some computerized supermachine... I want a car. And while the new NSX may do everything else better than the old NSX... the old NSX is a proper car. It's a gasoline engine that drives the wheels. It's a hydraulically-assisted mechanical steering rack and pinion.

I've heard rumors of Honda using the NSX chassis and releasing a car that lacks all the hybrid gizmos. A cheaper car, gasoline-engine powered only... MR layout... basically, a REAL NSX. If that car hit the market at about $80,000... it would be my current dream car.

Deev I agree with you 100%, I like the old one better, yes its way out dated. But its more of a drivers car. If the car had more hp it wouldve been a hit and sold a lot more. The car was a handling machine just lacking HP.

I talked to the Honda Rep at work two weeks ago and he told me about the current model. Yes its great, twin turbo and hybrid and 4 different driving modes but with 550hp I don't think its good enough. A high revving V8 with more power would be better. would've been great. Technology is great don't get me wrong but I think a driver feel is way better than computerize machines.

Comment

I don't think the original was terribly underpowered. It looked to be so on paper, but it was lighter than any other high-powered Japanese car (aside from the FD, I suppose.) It was as fast or faster than all of them.

I honestly believe that the only manufacturer to produce anything comparable (and I suppose superior, if you don't factor in performance-per-dollar) would be Ferrari. I'd say the closest Ferrari model in terms of style, performance, and price would be the 348, which started at nearly 2x the NSX's price in 1990. The price relationship remains about the same, too... (and I'd rather have a $35,000 NSX than a $70,000 348!)

Comment

I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. But I actually really want. To park next to my Gen 1 NSX of course!

Comment

Define "driver feel" vs "computers"? Manual transmission? No traction/stability control? Subjective things(sound, touch, smell)? Everything I see on the new NSX can be defeated (minus the clutch pedal). It looks like it responds differently to driver input, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. How much of the computer is really interfering with the driving pleasure?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      Define "driver feel" vs "computers"? Manual transmission? No traction/stability control? Subjective things(sound, touch, smell)? Everything I see on the new NSX can be defeated (minus the clutch pedal). It looks like it responds differently to driver input, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. How much of the computer is really interfering with the driving pleasure?
                      yes driver pleasure, heeltoe, understeer or oversteer for a reason. revmatching. computers are taking over driver input and feel, therefore pleasure is gone. Yes nothing shifts faster than automatics, split seconds kill races and times, cant argue over that.

Comment

Working...
                      X