No announcement yet.

Paint/Coat/??? Cab Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, my suggestion. That surface rust is caused by water getting in the cab and sitting on the floor between the rubber and the metal. Over time that lifts the paint and causes the rust. Find the leak and fix it. Wirewheel and bedline/rust paint the nastiness. In whichever order your prefer.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      No, LMC does the same with the Chevy parts. My girlfriend bought me a seatbelt from them for my C10 and they dropshipped a universal belt kit from SeatBeltPlanet. She was pissed because she thought she was buying a reproduction seat belt kit, not some universal deal. Plus they charged her $20 more than buying direct from SeatBeltPlanet.

My Dad bought some tailgate hinges from LMC for his 2000 Silverado, why he bought from them don't ask me, and they sent them Dorman carded parts. Lame, not even OEM stuff.
      I figured as much. And I'm not surprised at the seat belt ordeal. Sounds like many other stories I have heard. I got scared plenty far away with my Google search.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      Also, my suggestion. That surface rust is caused by water getting in the cab and sitting on the floor between the rubber and the metal. Over time that lifts the paint and causes the rust. Find the leak and fix it. Wirewheel and bedline/rust paint the nastiness. In whichever order your prefer.
      Yup, I'm about to address that as well! The heater core was looped when I bought the truck and the window run sweep channels are shot. So I have ordered a Spectra heater core and I'm ordering the complete channel & seal set from AM Autoparts the 23rd. Those two things should fix it. I know when I took it to the car wash the inside got kinda wet. And the heater core must be looped for a reason.

I can tell the surface rust is newer which is good. Won't be a thing to bust out with a wire wheel. I'm going to do just as you said too, I'm going to bedline the crap out of it after about 6 cans of rust paint crap.

Comment

Working...
      X