7 quarts of oil in a Honda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 quarts of oil in a Honda.

I recently bought a 94 accord with a F22B non vtec motor. I noticed that it showed too much oil on the dip stick. Drained it tonight, and pulled more then 7 quarts out. SEVEN QUARTS.

Well I'm happy to report that the engine still runs fine, and it seems that the extra oil didn't harm anything too major. Still, it bothers me. Anyone know what I should check for that might of been damaged by the extra oil, or is it just fine now.

Seems to run fine, no noises. No smoke out the tail pipe. It has a small oil leak, but nothing out of the ordinary. So any ideas? Or did I just luck out that something didn't fail?

It likely didn't hurt anything at all. Truthfully, if it weren't for the massive body of fluid that's created in the sump that the crankshaft counterweights hit, it would actually be beneficial to have more. That's why dry sump systems have such a high capacity.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

if it was run like that all the time for a long time sure. the air bubbles it whips up would increase friction..youll be fine, and probably get better gas milage now.

Comment

Makes sense that it would get better gas milage. Not that I can tell since the gas gauge doesn't work. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X