2015 Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Fit

Well, the Del Sol got totaled a week ago so we are now looking for another car. I have an '09 Fit that I'll keep as my dd, so we decided to look at the new Fit as our 2nd functioning vehicle. Took a look at one on Saturday, and it appears that they've made a lot of changes to the new model. You can finally get it with a sunroof, and I love how the non navigation model can interface with your iPhone. It's peppier and quieter, although I'm curious how that will be after it has a few miles on it. Drawbacks are that it is slightly smaller than the older ones (although still larger than everything else in its class) and they're now made in Mexico vs. Japan. Anyone else had a chance to drive one yet? Thoughts?

Smaller than the old ones? When I sat into once , I felt it was bigger than the old ones. Especially the rear legroom had slightly improved. Suprisingly , the Fit get lots of horsepower bump from gen-to-gen. 109Hp -> 117hp -> 130Hp.
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 06-23-2014, 07:01 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I should have clarified that the total cargo space was smaller, which is due to increased room for passengers. The dealership got 3 in, sold 2 before they hit the lot, and the one we looked at was an EX-L Nav which is top of the line. They have an EX model coming in about 3 weeks so we did put a deposit on it as it's really all we need. It'll be nice to have a car with at least one bell and whistle, but I do miss that Del Sol.

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
      Smaller than the old ones? When I sat into once , I felt it was bigger than the old ones. Especially the rear legroom had slightly improved. Suprisingly , the Fit get lots of horsepower bump from gen-to-gen. 109Hp -> 117hp -> 130Hp.

Comment

I don't like the new fits. They look like the Versa Note. Eh I guess I'll grow to like it.

Comment

I didn't know they were getting faster...but damn are they ugly! I like the overall theme of the concept but they didn't do the finishing touches right for the front fascia.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
            It'll be nice to have a car with at least one bell and whistle, but I do miss that Del Sol.
            Sorry to hear about the Delsol, why not buy another?

The Delsol is one car I wasn't expecting to appeal to me. Even though it is now 2 decades old i think it is still a practical car to have today.

It is economical, safer than a motor bike, parts that do wear out is still plentiful due to interchangeable civic parts bin. Whilst it may not be as efficient in fuel as a hybrid you more than make up the savings in fuel by having no depreciation or technical dealer servicing or complex electronic faults developing. Being a Honda it still remains reliable or can be made reliable to own with little costs so no headaches associated with owning an old car.

I could have bought a new car but the opportunity to have a car as rare and eye catching as the Transtop Sol cannot be passed over. An M3 convertible owner bystander and maserati gran turismo owner friend of mine was gob smacked to see the Transtop in action. Countless occassion of onlookers watching the transformation fixed with curiosity and awe. Not many old Honda can do that!
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 06-26-2014, 09:38 AM.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Alot say the Delsol is impractical due to less space vs Practicality of a larger vehicle. But when I ask them how often you see one driver in every car driven daily to work vs a full car and ask them if they use the car more often than not just by themselves they realise they carry 4 empty seats allbthe time wasting.

If you can only afford ONE vehicle then getting a vehicle to cater for ALL kinds of possibilities maybe reasonable and settling on a large vehicle considered practical choice.

In reality alot of people have more than one car or can borrow one to cater for the Odd occasion of loading.
              Last edited by JDMDriver; 06-26-2014, 09:34 AM.
              Rides:

Accord
              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

For the last 6 months- 1 year, we spent *a lot* of money on the Del Sol with maintenance and repairs, etc. , and it was still needing more work when it got wrecked. We had just finished putting in a new master cylinder less than a week before, too. We seriously considered getting another, or at least getting my SE drivable, but we decided to go new to have the peace of mind to not worry about what's going to break next. Granted, new cars can break, too, but at least they would be covered by warranty. For the past year, what we've spent on the del sol would probably average out to a monthly car payment.

The new Fit is not a done deal, but since they can't keep them on the lots here, we decided to put one on hold, but still have the option to change our minds. We have been looking around locally for another del sol, but so far everything looks like crap and/or is in worst shape than our old one.

I never heard of a Transtop Sol, so did a Google search. How cool is that!? If I were to run across one of those, I would probably have a hard time passing it up, too.

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                Sorry to hear about the Delsol, why not buy another?

The Delsol is one car I wasn't expecting to appeal to me. Even though it is now 2 decades old i think it is still a practical car to have today.

It is economical, safer than a motor bike, parts that do wear out is still plentiful due to interchangeable civic parts bin. Whilst it may not be as efficient in fuel as a hybrid you more than make up the savings in fuel by having no depreciation or technical dealer servicing or complex electronic faults developing. Being a Honda it still remains reliable or can be made reliable to own with little costs so no headaches associated with owning an old car.

I could have bought a new car but the opportunity to have a car as rare and eye catching as the Transtop Sol cannot be passed over. An M3 convertible owner bystander and maserati gran turismo owner friend of mine was gob smacked to see the Transtop in action. Countless occassion of onlookers watching the transformation fixed with curiosity and awe. Not many old Honda can do that!

Comment

Agreed on all points. The Delsol was my husband's dd so it was perfect for him. The Fit I drive is used for trips and for anything more than groceries.

Geez, now I'm having second thoughts on the new Fit and want to get another del sol now-lol!

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                  Alot say the Delsol is impractical due to less space vs Practicality of a larger vehicle. But when I ask them how often you see one driver in every car driven daily to work vs a full car and ask them if they use the car more often than not just by themselves they realise they carry 4 empty seats allbthe time wasting.

If you can only afford ONE vehicle then getting a vehicle to cater for ALL kinds of possibilities maybe reasonable and settling on a large vehicle considered practical choice.

In reality alot of people have more than one car or can borrow one to cater for the Odd occasion of loading.

Comment

I was never a huge fan of how the Fit looked and the new version takes some getting used to. The one we test drove had literally just come off of the truck and hadn't been detailed so it doesn't all that great (it was black). Hopefully they'll look better all cleaned up.

Noticed you are in Tallahassee. That's where the Del Sol ended up. Interestingly enough, Tallahassee is where we bought it so it came full circle.

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                    I didn't know they were getting faster...but damn are they ugly! I like the overall theme of the concept but they didn't do the finishing touches right for the front fascia.

Comment

I think the newer Fit is the best looking of all. I have an 09 as well, and I've never really cared for how it looked. When my friend first saw it, he said "Nice Matrix!"
                      The 1st gen Fit was a little weird as well, but I liked the interior better than mine.

I do like that Honda is continuing to increase the power, efficiency, and features. Not thrilled with the increase in size. Soon, we're going to need ANOTHER small car, because the Fit got too big!

I love the Fit for it's versatility. I can fit the equipment for my entire band in it. I've used my friend's old 1st gen to transport an engine.
                      I love that I can drive it like I stole it, and still get no less than 36mpg.

My only beef with my 2nd gen is the looks. I like the look of the 3rd gen more, though it's still an awkwardly tall hatchback.

I'd say go for it. At least test drive it. If you like your 09, I don't imagine the new one will disappoint!

Comment

The new Fit is great. An interior well beyond the old car, and the same fantastic cargo space while (IIRC) giving a more advanced suspension.

I would consider one for sure.

Deev, I think it is only bigger to account fir crash standards. I think the era of ever larger Hondas is over. The Civic is the same size, the Accord is smaller, and I think the Fit is about identical.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The fit was a good car the 2013 models didn't sell as much because they didn't appeal to much to the customers since it was bare-bones. The 2015 however came with a decent amount of space and for those long trips you can take the headrest off and use the char and a backseat as a fold-down couch since the shoulder line meats level with the backseat cushion.

Comment

Working...
                          X