Saab question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saab question

wondering if there are any saab guys here. the saab forums are pretty much useless. my mother has two 9-3's. one is a 5-speed 1999 convertible. the other is a 2000 automatic sedan. both are turbo. the 1999 convertible has the engine with the red direct ignition cover and her 2000 sedan has the engine with the black cover. im trying to find out which engine is which. i know they are different because the 2000 has hoses and things that the 1999 doesnt. heres some pics to better explain.

here is the 1999 convertibles engine:

and the 2000 sedan's engine:

notice how the 99's just says saab on the valve cover and the 2000's says saab as well as ecopower. the 2000 also says 2.0 turbo on the little plastic cover while the 99's does not. also, the dipsticks are in different places. theres also a lot more hoses and sensors on the 2000's engine.

any help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

I know the ecopower one is GM's ecotec engine. The other one is actually a Saab engine that survived the merge when GM bought out Saab. That's all I know...

Comment

So basically, the ecopower engine will have cheaper and more widely available parts for it, correct?

Comment

correct

Comment

So then, that should be the one to fix up lol.

Comment

Working...
          X