1997 Saturn SC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Saturn SC1

My buddy has one of these in black, bone stock. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about that spoiler on the back. Is that too much rice? I know it won't do anything because of the FWD but to me it looks better than no spoiler. It reminds me of the lancer evo IX spoiler and that IMO really helps that car's look.

MRT---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200945

Actually a majority of FWD cars need spoilers once they hit the 90mph mark. Stability is an issue with fwd cars at high speeds. Not saying that anyone should be driving that fast anyone unless you're on a track, but anyway Audi had to put a spoiler on the TT becuase at 110mph the car was too unstable, and killed 2 test drivers if i remember correctly. Yes the TT is fwd as all Audi vehicles are unless "Quattro" is in the name.

The spoiler is fine if its factory. I mean is the cobalt SS rice becuase of its FUNCTIONAL spoiler? Or how about the Dodge Neon SRT-4? Maybe the Acura integra type r?

No it's not rice. It's fine.

Comment

I see what you're saying. He's just worried about the rest of the world, you know, the one's that aren't car people. Where we live at is dominated by chevy and ford trucks and adding a spoiler like that will sometime attract negative attention. But with the argument of functionality to back it up and that it's HIS car, not theirs, I'm sure he'll feel better about doing some mods in the future.

MRT---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200945

Comment

I see what you mean. It's like that in a lot of places. I mean I live in Texas. Unless you're a redneck with a lifted Chevy my little Honda ricebox ain't shit. That's literally the attitude of the older generation of car tuning. I just learned to just shut them off. It's my car ill do what I want.

But his spoiler is functional and flows with the rest if the vehicle. It is very early 2000ish and has that boy racer or F&F look but since its factory it's fine.

Comment

Personally, I always liked those Saturns....actually, Saturns in general.

However, they're as prone to rice as Cavaliers and Sunfires.

The car in the picture looks okay for a modded car. But otherwise, I'd say the wing is a little overkill and doesn't fit with the flowing body. I think that car needs nothing more than a nice flushmount spoiler. I don't think it looks right with a big wing like that. I think it needs something more like the little spoiler on the Sunfire coupes.

Now in the case of a 97ish DSM/Talon, those big wings work well on those.
          Last edited by crazymikey; 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X