Radio Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Wiring

Okay, so doing a bunch of shit for a buddies 1997 Pathfinder he just bought, one of them being the radio..

The previous owner is a complete ass by the way..

The radio wiring was literally a rats nest, fucking plugs cut off, wires spliced, cut, taped, wrapped, the whole nine yards..

So i went to the JY and cut the stock plugs from a car that still had them and just spent a couple hours deciphering all of it to the best of my knowledge.. I then wired in the aftermarket plug to the brand new radio, and no go from radio..

Now basically the radio should turn on with three wires correct?
    Red - Ignition 12V
    Yellow - 12V constant
    Black - Ground

All the rest of the wiring has to due with speakers, dimmers, and antenna.. correct? With just the three above plugged in the radio should work? Now i have had all wires plugged in the whole time, and tested them the best i could.. I made sure the red had power when i turned the ignition on.. the yellow always has power (tho i had to splice into the constant from the hazards, the stock placement had no power) and then i have been grounded the whole time.. I tested this all out with just a test light however.. Just made sure the light turned on and so forth..

Why wont the radio turn on? Fuse is good on the back, in the fuse panels (yes i have checked all.. ) and from what i can see, it SHOULD work.. What am I missing?

If it matters at all its a JVC KD-R730BT in a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD

Thanks
    1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
    1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

NIssans have got no ground in the harness. THe ground in the harness is for the amp, if supplied. Chassis ground that deck to metal and you will be good.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I tired that... Still nothing..
      1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
      1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Working...
      X