Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spec Miata

i kinda feel weird, but i like the new miata lol

NEW YORK — On any given weekend, there are more Mazdas on the road-race tracks of America than any other brand of vehicle – and the venerable Mazda MX-5 Miata is the vehicle of choice. In fact, the fastest-growing road-racing class in the United States is the Sports Car Club of America’s (SCCA) Spec Miata class, with more than 1,000 identically prepared Miatas tearing up America’s racetracks.

Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today unveiled the next generation of Spec Miata at the New York International Auto Show.

"With the all-new 2006 Mazda MX-5 as a starting point, it was easy for us to create the fastest, best-handling and most comprehensively prepared Spec Miata yet," said Steve Sanders, manager, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development. "The combination of a tuned suspension, a willing engine and consistent braking means Miatas always have made terrific racecars. With more grip, more power and more stopping ability, the new MX-5 is the perfect starting point to be the very best Miata racecar yet."

The Spec Miata series provides an affordable, entry-level nationwide class whereby amateur racing drivers can compete in inexpensive, identically prepared first- and second-generation Miatas. The greatest attraction of the series is that all regions of the country use similar rules and regulations, enabling drivers to compete nationally and always remain competitive. Components for the cars are sold directly through MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development (www.mazdaspeedmotorsports.com), which also supports the program monetarily with contingency awards to successful drivers.

The all-new 2006 MX-5 Miata is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder MZR engine, derived from the powerplant used in the MAZDA and MAZDA . In stock trim, it produces 170-hp at 7000 rpm and a very flat and usable torque curve peaking at 140 lb-ft. at 5000 rpm.

To turn the new MX-5 into a racecar, MAZDASPEED turned to a number of respected suppliers and partners, and the build-sheet reads like a who’s-who of the racing community:

ENGINE

Racing Beat stainless steel header and exhaust system

Idemitsu racing lubricants for engine, transmission and differential

SUSPENSION

Racing Beat swaybars

MAZDASPEED shock absorbers

MAZDASPEED springs

Racing Hart wheels, sized 18 x 7.5 inches

Hankook Ventus DOT-legal racing tires, shaved to racing depth

INTERIOR/SAFETY

AWR custom-designed and fabricated six-point rollcage

AiM Sports MXL Pista custom dash display and data-logger

Sparco racing seat

Sparco steering wheel

Sparco six-point racing harness

Maziora custom-blended paint from Nippon Paint

Mother’s polishes and waxes
    MAZDASPEED’s intention is to use this car as the prototype from which they will further develop the package of components that will transform the MX-5 for the 2006 season of a professional Spec Miata series. As testing continues, some of these parts may change as MAZDASPEED hones the car with the perfect combination of cost versus performance.

Often held in conjunction with SCCA professional road-racing events and sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, the current MAZDASPEED Miata Cup professional Spec Miata series is absolutely the least expensive way to participate in top-flight road racing in front of professional teams and large crowds.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

if its *** to like that miata im a flaming homo j/k it is nice though

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

i think it looks like an s2000,

hey its got saucy's old steering wheel!

Comment

looks good, those rims are hawt

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          i think it looks like an s2000
          i'd rather have an S though

Comment

It looks cool

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

hey i still have that steering wheel. and i think it would be fun to whip but its nothign compared to? HEHEHE
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

compared to that new geo metro i just bought right saucy? man that thing is fast hehe

Comment

I've always liked miatas, but I agree that I'd rather have the s2000. I think miatas are a bit overpriced.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X