EVO v. Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVO v. Vette

I was reading in my April Car and Driver. And there long term test Evo was taken to Vishnu Performance, and with Cams, Cam Gears, turbo housing, and turbo back exhuast. I made 381hp and 368lb-ft. With a as tested price of $34,788. It ran 12.7 with those mods. cost for mods around 3K. Now on the next page, there is the brand new Lingenfelter 402 C6 vette. It has forged crankshaft, forged pistons, billet connecting rods, cnc ported LS2 cylinder heads, 11.0:1 compression (v. 10.9:1), and Comp Cams dual valve springs with titanium retainers. There is also harden pushrods and hydraulic roller camshaft. Continuing, heavy duty rocker arm stands, ported exhaust manifolds, 3.54 inch TB, high flow cold air intake, corsa exhaust. Now all that for about 18,000 dollars. For 510hp 500lb-ft. And it costs total $85,781. and it ran only 11.9 in the 1/4.

hmmmmmmmmm What to buy?????? Just thought you all would like to know.
    Opinions?

OMG CORVETTE OWNS ALL I DONT CARE WHAT U SAY!!!11!one!

Comment

which do you buy? I guess whichever one you want (!) I'd rather have the evo, but I guess if you prefer domestics, you'd rather have the vette

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

noramally, I'd take the EVO, but since this is a Ligenfelter Vette, if I had the money I'd rock that bitch. Agreed on the icons Fizz.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I'd take the EVO

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Vette, cause you can actually drive it every day in the city, unlike the EVO, which has the worst clutch ever.

Comment

you know i gotta comment on a vette thread but just let it be known that the 06 zo6 with 500hp and cf hood and doors and a dry sump oil system owns the world research that 11.9 supercar for 60 grand

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

But the point i am making is WTF is up with buying a Vette that is going to be whooped by a four banger with less then 10K in the motor?..... I mean yes the vette is a icon but... and a BIG ROUND JELLY BUTT!!!!!! If you want a icon then get a Ferrari or a Lambo, a true icon. A vette has and always will be second class in the supercar world. Just like the NSX you really don't think about them but they are there, just behind but ever so close. Really why spend 85K on a quick car when a ass load on insurance cost or get a mild Evo, G35, STI, 350 and put have the cost of the car into it and still undercut the vette and rape a 85,000 dollar modded one!

Comment

I would take both, I think.

Comment

the new zo6 which costs 60k is runnin the 1/4 mile 2 tenths slower than the mclaren f1 now tell me that isnt worth 60k
                    porsche ditched the same dry sump system that the zo6 is using due to high costs
                    the z06 has carbon fiber doors and hood the only other manufacture who could pull of production quality cf is mitsubishi which is cool as hell
                    i love the evo just as much as any person youll ever meet but to compare it with some of the most capable cars in the world is insane and btw a vette in real driver situations will outhandle the awd evo in every case EXCEPT rain the new z06 is giving .999999 lateral g's which is unmatched by any other production vehicle under 200k
                    btw i plan on getting an evo in the next few years

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

On that topgear episode, the evo outperformed (lap time at least) a lambo murcielago, I guess it depends if you're using it for drag racing, or real racing. I think I'll take the....porsche carrera gt, oh that's not a choice

Comment

99% of people who own ferraris don't use them to drag race. THEY ARE A STATUS SYMBOL!! when you see a lambo you don't think "Hey an evo can outperform that car," you think holy shit! that is one rich ass person!! and think of the attention that a person that drives one of those cars gets, just cuz they are so uncommon. i see evo's around here all the time. and who ever made the basketball shoe point, its the same thing! why pay 160 for a pair of jordans that probably don't offer better performance than shoes that cost 1/3 of the price?? cuz jordans are looked at in a lot higher regard than k mart kickers!!!

Comment

99% of people who own ferraris don't use them to drag race
                          True...
                          when you see a lambo you don't think "Hey an evo can outperform that car," you think holy shit! that is one rich ass person!!
                          true, true...
                          and think of the attention that a person that drives one of those cars gets, just cuz they are so uncommon.
                          Well that's true for lambo's, ferrari's, etc. but I've seen several vettes in the past couple months, when I see them I'm like "......prick" but same if I see a 5.0, or a porsche 911. If I saw an evo I'd be like "F'n sweet!" But I like anything unique (with the exception of intense rice) so if I see say a datsun I'll be impressed.

Comment

Bottom line... its all about image. Id rather take the $30-$40 import, and invest another $10k into it, then spend more money then that combined just so I could look like a big shit. Id rather have people see me as a guy that spent the time and effort to make that "lower class" car something much better then what people think it should be, then to have someone see me as some numbnuts with a large monthly car payment and high insurance bill for a status symbol. When my mid-life crisis comes.... im traveling the world or something like that. Ill be damned if i spend all the money i dont have on a damn car that ill hardly ever drive out of fear of depreciating it, just to make myself feel like a big shot among other mid-life crisis guys that are stuck with 5 kids and a minivan.

Its just like accordaffair stated:
                            I've seen several vettes in the past couple months, when I see them I'm like "......prick"

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                              if you can't handle the evo8's clutch, then you're a girl

they're not that bad.....drive a heavily modded car that NEEDS those types of clutches (one that doesn't suck) and you'll see, they're all like that or they're all gonna go through clutches like oil.......

the evo8's clutch isn't as bad as my old crx, FD, xr4ti, or civic.....actually a very comfortable car.....
                              After 3,000 miles they blow out
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X