1971 Datsun 521 with a 2JZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 Datsun 521 with a 2JZ

I have a little project going and thought i would inform everyone here about it. Me and a buddy bought a 1971 Datsun 521(pickup), and found a 2JZ, automatic trans, wiring harness, and gauge cluster. We bought the truck off a farmer for 300 bucks. Found the engine and assorted goodies in a junkyard for like 1000. We are in the process now of fiberglassing the gauges into the stock dash. The firewall had to have 3" chopped out of it. the front cross member was channeed to accomodate the crank pulley. The trans. tunnel in teh cab had to be cut open to allow the cab to sit flush on the frame. We are also working on cutting all the old suspension off and attatching(sp?) the front cross member, a-arms, steering knuckles to the front of the truck. We also have the independent rear suspension along with the differential and axles. We know for a fact that this has never been done. The most popular engine to put in these is a 302 ford block..... I dont think so. ill post pics asap, so you can see what has been done so far. let me know what you think
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

I wanna see when its done

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

If you need aftermarket parts...let me know. We can work out some kind of deal for a discount in exchange for advertising for my company. PM or Email me to discuss it more..

Comment

i pmed you fushigi, no response, i will get some pics up asap on the progress. At the moment the motor, tranny and cab are removed, and the factory suspension is all cut off, mounts and everything in preparation for the suspension and crossmember from a 1990 supra. The rear will come in time, have a welder, and a the friend that i am doing it with can weld, so that helps. we will be installing a new floorpan in the cab, new rocker panels, new bedsides, repairing front fenders, possibly some bimmer headlights(the dual lamp style) from like a 93 or so BMW, some silverado taillights molded into the rear bumper, one piece fiberglass front end. The dash is almost done. We have completed fiberglassing the dash and making the Lexus gauge cluster fit perfectly. Wiring is a bitch...of course... No A/C no power steering, just a water pump and alternator. turbos soon after completion, plan on upgrading the ignition and computer, just takes time and money. i will keep yall updated!! any advice or comments welcome.
        240hp stock in a 1400 lb truck....
        4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

i thought sr20det were common motor swaps for that also but very interesting. good luck

Comment

never seen one with an sr20, but would be cool, i plan on posting pics by wednesday
            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Schweet, I saw there was a guy here who had a link to site where they worked on lowriding trucks and one member had a clean basically all original Datsun pickup that he was planning a swap in I cant remember I think it was a Sr20Dett motor.

Id like to find an old school Honda pick up (yeah the made a pickup) or do one crazy swap with this.

Honda 600 Coupe very rare..find them only in local dealerships (well a certain ammount of dealerships)

1977 Honda TN360 Truck very very rare...

This now this is very rare from what I've read on the site that advertised this car for sale...

1967 Honda S800 Coupe

1971 N1600 Sedan: I saw one of these once online a guy had custom build one just to fit one person he actually chopped the car in half and made it shorter.

This would be the ultimate old school Honda to play with and mod into a street rod.

1979 CVCC Hondamatic

The website can be found here Honda 600 Shop the guy who runs it is located in Statesville, NC and all he specializes is finding these old school cars and rebuilding or selling them for restoration.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

just had an idea for the license plate, no one would realize its a vanity plate at first....2JZ 521 kinda random, but as things progress and the truck comes closer to being roadworthy i need to think of things like this. and since its a 1971, i dont have to deal with emissions or anything. haha!! i beat the system
                4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1
                  just had an idea for the license plate, no one would realize its a vanity plate at first....2JZ 521 kinda random, but as things progress and the truck comes closer to being roadworthy i need to think of things like this. and since its a 1971, i dont have to deal with emissions or anything. haha!! i beat the system
                  Ill do and LED conversion to the gauges! haha

Comment

thought about it, but its irridescent gauges. the cluster is black when its off, the when you start it, the needles are white and the numbers are red, so its pimp as is
                    4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                      Schweet, I saw there was a guy here who had a link to site where they worked on lowriding trucks and one member had a clean basically all original Datsun pickup that he was planning a swap in I cant remember I think it was a Sr20Dett motor.

Id like to find an old school Honda pick up (yeah the made a pickup) or do one crazy swap with this.

Honda 600 Coupe very rare..find them only in local dealerships (well a certain ammount of dealerships)
                      Silko, eh Henry?

Comment

no progress as of yet, still tryin to get pics up
                        4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Video of the truck!!!

HERE IT IS!! Running and driving... http://videos.streetfire.net/player....1-57C2E3229922

4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

oh, by the way, those pipes after the headers are the entire exhaust, and the smoke you see is from cigarettes, not the truck....
                            and those pops you hear are it shooting flames, kinda hard to see tho..
                            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

here's how it used to look, sorry for the crappy pix, you can see how much we had to cut from the firewall and how the trans. tunnel had to be opened up. it has come a long way. oh, that was stock suspension and wheels. now it has the suspension and rearend from an 89 Supra and Kazera KZ-1 wheels
                              4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Working...
                              X