which prelude to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
    i know there is only the type sh state side, but i want the type s motor, and the easiest way to use that motor to its fullest ability (atts without a CEL) is in the sh chassis, that unit is a nightmare i hear from prelude buddy of mine.
    I think it's only the SH that has atts.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

5th gen BB!

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
        I think it's only the SH that has atts.
        http://www.honda.co.jp/PRELUDE/2000/.../s_corner.html
        i dont think you need to be able to read japanese to figure this one out...

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
          http://www.honda.co.jp/PRELUDE/2000/.../s_corner.html
          i dont think you need to be able to read japanese to figure this one out...
          I stand corrected
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

92-96 so you can boost the h23 like mike said.

Comment

The BB6's are great! Both gens quite heavy. SH weighs the most out of all these...round 3100. That ATTS is great, it's handles wonderful. Saw a guy tearin it up at the autocross in his SH. Only bad thing about the Sh's, aftermarket things are always "except SH." If you boost, like Mike said, H23 is the best bet. If you boost an H22, get a closed deck one. Those can be found in the USDM (92-96) VTEC Preludes (H22A1). Or the JDM H22a's. Open decks are on the 97-01.

I like the 5th gen style, the 4th gen looks like the bastard child of the Prelude family. 4th gen would be easier for performance. Swap in the JDM H22 w/ the LSD, couple of bolt ons, good to go.

The JDM 5th gen came w/ an LSD as well-on the SiR S spec one-came out in 99 I believe. But I'm sure you could just throw in a Quaiffe, it'd be the same.

But a base, 5th gen, 5-speed Prelude is still pretty quick stock...just add some bolt ons. I recommend SMSP headers, AEM V2, and Mugen exhaust!

Good luck!
              Past rides:
              -1989 Honda Accord LX-first love, sold
              -2000 Honda Prelude base-traded for the S

Present rides:
              -1993 Honda Accord wagon LX-still going!
              -2002 Honda S2000-white w/ red int.-No words to describe this little 4 banger!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Honda Girl
                The BB6's are great! Both gens quite heavy. SH weighs the most out of all these...round 3100. That ATTS is great, it's handles wonderful. Saw a guy tearin it up at the autocross in his SH. Only bad thing about the Sh's, aftermarket things are always "except SH." If you boost, like Mike said, H23 is the best bet. If you boost an H22, get a closed deck one. Those can be found in the USDM (92-96) VTEC Preludes (H22A1). Or the JDM H22a's. Open decks are on the 97-01.

I like the 5th gen style, the 4th gen looks like the bastard child of the Prelude family. 4th gen would be easier for performance. Swap in the JDM H22 w/ the LSD, couple of bolt ons, good to go.

The JDM 5th gen came w/ an LSD as well-on the SiR S spec one-came out in 99 I believe. But I'm sure you could just throw in a Quaiffe, it'd be the same.

But a base, 5th gen, 5-speed Prelude is still pretty quick stock...just add some bolt ons. I recommend SMSP headers, AEM V2, and Mugen exhaust!

Good luck!
                oh my god...is anyone else turned on by this or is just me? al this knowledge from a chick...dream come true

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

yeah if i get a bb6 the first mods will be aem intake and apexi vafc.

Comment

go with the 92-96...97+ and the headlights get wack (just my opinion dont flame me)

Comment

buy a base model 5thgen lude....sell the h22a4 and tranny to someone that wants a swap for 2k....and buy a type s swap for 4k...that way u get the best of both worlds.....fuck ATTS...
                      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

type s has atts....look at the very top of page 2...

Comment

nah, thats the type SH. SH=super handling.....type s has a real LSD
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Go with a 92-96 they look hott

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

I could of sworn only the SH came with ATTS. Back in teh day, me and a buddy were bored so we decided to go test drive a new(back then) Prelude. I think it was a 98 or 99. I remember it was red. I remember the salesman telling me that the difference between the S and SH was the ATTS. So we take off to his "test road" and I about shit myself!!! We took a almost 90 degree turn at like 70 and the lude never even flinched. Even with gravel on the road!

Well my buddy finally ended up getting a black 98 a few years ago. While he was out of town his younger brother got ahold of the keys so he could impress a girl. Well it ended up in a ditch.

In case you're wondering if it was totaled, the crash only ripped off the left side of the bumper.
                              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

In the US the SH had only ATTS no LSD. The Japan equal to the SH is the Type S-exactly the same but w/ high compression (11 instead on 10), and 220 hp instead of 200 int he US models.

The Japan models are as follows:

Xi-crappiest-F22b (135hp) had stellies!
                                Si-slightly better F22b (160hp)-a four lug! LSD and 4WS was optional
                                SiR-much better- H22A (200hp)-this is equal to the US base model, an LSD and 4WS was optional
                                Sir S spec-way better-H22A (220hp)-this one had the LSD but no ATTS-this engine has the blue valve cover
                                Type S-the best-H22A (220hp)-NO LSD just the ATTS-engine has the red valve cover-equal to the US SH minus 20 hp and those nice leather seats that have PRELUDE stiched in them!

And as far as the headlights looking "wack"-trust me, you get used to it, and it looks better everyday....
                                Past rides:
                                -1989 Honda Accord LX-first love, sold
                                -2000 Honda Prelude base-traded for the S

Present rides:
                                -1993 Honda Accord wagon LX-still going!
                                -2002 Honda S2000-white w/ red int.-No words to describe this little 4 banger!

Comment

Working...
                                X