No announcement yet.

My New Del Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the previously mentioned crx has already been sold but I came across another one that if I can come up with the funds to tow my car over to Mississippi i'll be getting. It has a fully built B20 in it.

Comment

Well the day has finally come. We're headed up to Alabama here shortly to go get the Del Sol and trailer it back to Florida. I can finally start doing some work on it again instead of sitting around the house eating food all day getting fat lol.

Comment

I finally got the car back to Florida. We had the wires in the driver's side back tire break on us coming back home on the truck we were using. Luckily nothing happend other than the tire having a bad spot that made it bumpy as hell for the rest of the way. We had to do 35-40mph for about 4 hours to make it the rest of the home but we made it here.

Anyways I went out today to get some work done on it. Both vacuum lines on the fuel pressure regulator were too short so they were kinked to the point they were almost closed off. The black box on the back that runs to the pcv valve wasn't even hooked up so it was just blowing oil all over the back of the block, and two other vacuum lines weren't hooked up. Needless to say after charging the battery and turning the car she fired right up and ran a whole hell of alot better with no smoke or anything. So far so good. I also got all of my turbo parts that were stolen backwhen I went up to Alabama to get my car so that was another good thing.

On a different note somehow or another my thermostat housing is now cracked. It wasn't like that the last time I was working on the car. Either way I have to get a new one now. It doesn't even have to be under pressure or anything. If you fill the car up with water it immediately starts pouring out of the side of the housing. That's all I got done today but it's running alot better than it was so i'm happy.

Comment

Just a couple of pics I took today of the engine bay after hiding some of the wiring and getting rid of stuf that wasn't needed and the sad state the car is in right now. I still have alot of actual cleaning to do under the hood but until I get the wiring tucked and get everything like I want it i'm not worried about it. That intake was just thrown on instead of stuffing a rag into the throttle body. When my cb7 sat outside in this same yard last time I had alot of bees in it and I don't want them living in my motor lol. Also until I get the lower part of the radiator support welded back in it's held on by zipties lol. It's not being driven though so whatever. It's not laying on the ground so it'll work.

Comment

New toys! I have a couple more but haven't gotten pics of them yet.

Last edited by Brandoncb7; 02-27-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Comments, suggestions, hate mail lol? I don't know alot about civics so if someone does what's a few good sites to go to for parts or something?

Comment

Working...
              X