Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord all the way brotha!!
    Look at this!!
    And plus more reliable and mad vtak y0!!

Comment

pedro those accords are ugly when modded, IDK but they are for me. I love the way it looks stock

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Okay just drove one.

WOW That was alot of fun! The challenger is so smooth and tons of power and tq. The 6 spd is so ez it slides into the next gear. The only cons that I might have is the mpg I think iot was like 14 15 city 24 25 hwy but it runt reg and the SRT-8 is just over kill yeah 6.0 and it runs super. boo I get 25 now in the city on reg in my accord.
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
          Chalengers to me seem shitty, they are WAY to boxy. Plus what about gas and what not that v8 is one hungry monster in one havy ass body. I would stay with the accord.
          I like the way it looks, no problems in the style department.

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
          Accord all the way brotha!!
          Look at this!!
          And plus more reliable and mad vtak y0!!

Thats what I have planned for mine nice rims a drop but not slammed and the lip kit but I want the v6 rear lip cause I want mine dual out.
          Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

If I had a choice between a Honda and Chrysler, I'd pick the Honda every time. Far superior in every way in the long run.

Comment

liters?
              Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              Honda all the way. Classy, refined, reliable, good resale. What more do you need? The Accord is a beautiful piece of machinery.

Challenger is just a fat American car. It's lazy, heavy, cheaply made (I used to build seats and interior components for them) and will have rock bottom resale value. Not to mention, 90% of them are going to be beat on hard because everyone thinks it's a street legal race car.

Yeah, the Challeger is cool, as long as it's an SRT8. There's no point in getting anything less, and it's pretty impracticle as a year round daily driver.
              I'm sorry dude but their was nothing lazy about the R/T I drove. I know you made int stuff but have you even driven it?

So tell me whats so great about the SRT 3.1 liter more ore all the xtra bells and whistles ? The R/T I drove was so smooth I didnt see anything impracticle about it I mean besides the 14/15 mpg you'll get in the city you can still drive it everyday.
              Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I've driven a 300 Touring, Charger RT and a Challenger SE and didn't like any of them.

Just want anything about them I liked. Poor visibility, cheaply made. They drove alright but they were all 3.5 V6s, so wasn't anything amazing.

None of them are cars I would ever buy, so just because of that, I can't say anything good about them from building them to driving them.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  I've driven a 300 Touring, Charger RT and a Challenger SE and didn't like any of them.

Just want anything about them I liked. Poor visibility, cheaply made. They drove alright but they were all 3.5 V6s, so wasn't anything amazing.

None of them are cars I would ever buy, so just because of that, I can't say anything good about them from building them to driving them.
                  Poor visibility? only out the back sides, those back windows are smaller than my accords.
                  Yeah a v6 is nothing to get excited about. Yeah I drove the R/T with the six speed and it was no slouch. Everything you talked about may apply to the SE.
                  Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I think the challenger would be a nice weekend car, but not a very good DD car. The accord would do a MUCH better job of that. I think Honda interiors are a lot more refined; so they'd be a nicer way to spend your commute. The Challenger to me is just a showoff car, can't really handle for shit and I thought I heard Car and Driver or Motor Trend say it rode like a boat and had mushy suspension. It even came in last when put up against the Camaro and Mustang, so Dodge has some catching up to do.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

chrylers products are junk from the get go. those new Challengers are heavy as shit. my truck weighs in at 5300 and these weigh in at 4000. no wonder why they cant beat a mustang gt in the 1/4. we all know how honda holds up and if they didnt we wouldnt have a site like this

Comment

those challengers look like a boat

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Accord. i dont like domestics. but not jus any coupe. it has to be a v6 6speed
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

accord = reliable and comfortable.
                            challenger = impractical and most likely a money pit.

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                              Poor visibility? only out the back sides, those back windows are smaller than my accords.
                              Yeah a v6 is nothing to get excited about. Yeah I drove the R/T with the six speed and it was no slouch. Everything you talked about may apply to the SE.
                              Have you driven an Accord V6 6 speed yet? I think you would be surprised by just how slow they aren't. It should be VERY similar overall to the Challenger.

The current Accord seems to be under-rated in V6 6MT form (it is closer to 290-300HP), and it is about 400lbs lighter than the Challenger. The non-VCM V6's also seem to return much better than advertised MPG. The ONLY J series we have owned that couldn't handily beat the rated MPG is our current 2009 VCM V6, which is pretty close to rated MPG. All of our other ones got EXCEPTIONAL MPG. The engine also has a VERY flat torque curve, so they aren't exactly lacking for torque. The only downside I see to the Accord V6 6MT is the fact that they are slightly too powerful for a FWD car. Not a lot of torque steer or anything, they just have a hard time keeping traction. In many cases, even if they are hooked up already, the car will break traction at the top of first gear, although some light suspension mods, and sticky tires would probably cure that.

Personally, if it were me, I would probably put the HFP suspension kit, lightweight 235-245 series 18's, and the HFP lip kit on it. Maybe a cat-back exhaust (only because the J series sounds soooo good with a decent exhaust), and leave it at that.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Have you driven an Accord V6 6 speed yet? I think you would be surprised by just how slow they aren't. It should be VERY similar overall to the Challenger.

The current Accord seems to be under-rated in V6 6MT form (it is closer to 290-300HP), and it is about 400lbs lighter than the Challenger. The non-VCM V6's also seem to return much better than advertised MPG. The ONLY J series we have owned that couldn't handily beat the rated MPG is our current 2009 VCM V6, which is pretty close to rated MPG. All of our other ones got EXCEPTIONAL MPG. The engine also has a VERY flat torque curve, so they aren't exactly lacking for torque. The only downside I see to the Accord V6 6MT is the fact that they are slightly too powerful for a FWD car. Not a lot of torque steer or anything, they just have a hard time keeping traction. In many cases, even if they are hooked up already, the car will break traction at the top of first gear, although some light suspension mods, and sticky tires would probably cure that.

Personally, if it were me, I would probably put the HFP suspension kit, lightweight 235-245 series 18's, and the HFP lip kit on it. Maybe a cat-back exhaust (only because the J series sounds soooo good with a decent exhaust), and leave it at that.
                                LOL no havent driven a v6 6spd. Dont really plan on it either. When I said a v6 is nothing to get excited about I was refurring to the v6 in the 300,charger,and the challenger the other guy was talking about. I have no doubt that honda made a badass v6.
                                Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Working...
                                X