93 Honda Prelude?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Honda Prelude?...

Yeah, a buddy of mine I used to work with is selling a 93 Honda Prelude non-SI for $2800 with 130K miles. Here's a rundown:

Pro's:

1. 17" Katana Rims with tires 95% tread

2. Auto Start

3. Alarm

4. No body damage

5. Paint (white) is relatively sound

Con's:

1. CV Axles shot, but will fix for an extra $100

2. ABS light on

I'm not sure how much these cars usually run for but I know they sell pretty well. There's nothing mechanically wrong other then what's listed and the previous owner since it was first bought was a female (whether that makes a difference). Please let me know what you guys think so I can make a offer based on it's actual worth. Thanks in advance...

That's cheap for a 'lude...although the ABS light scares me.

Comment

He says it brakes normally but I personally do not know the effects or the reasons as to why this ABS light remains on. Not sure what it means either but I hope it's not something that could be more serious. Thanks for the reply...

Comment

9 times out of ten its a sensor issue. you will still brake normally, just abs wont kick in. maybe its not such a bad thing?
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Sensor issue? If that's the case then what is the ballpark value to fix something of this nature? Thanks...

Comment

lol, i wouldnt fix it. if its the abs motor itself that is bad, id say fuck it. but if u want, pull the code and look it up and then u could go from there. anywhere from 20-300 dollars ranging from an axle sensor, to an abs motor.
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

abs light on = abs wont activate. other then that it will brake fine. it could very well be something simple like a wheel speed sensor or it could be something important and cost like a grand. non-si still leaves us with 2 choices, the s with the f22, or the vtec with the h22. if its a vtec then thats a very good deal, however Im assuming its an s, in which case thats not bad at all but nothing spectacular.
              HSHO #3

Comment

Yeah 6/10 cars I know have their ABS lights on. One of the cars belongs to a mechanic. If its not that important to him, then I don't think its a big deal. I would buy it

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Yeah, it's the F22 engine and not the Vtec, althought I figure it's still a decent deal considering some of the same cars in worse condition bone stock sell for more. This one has some extras that make it worth it in my opinion...

Comment

that is def a great deal on a lude the abs light on could be a few things on my car i popped the fuse for it so it wasnt a big deal but if it is the fuse u have to reset the ecu after you change it. as for cv joints $100 to fix is an awesome deal def go with that. if plus its a 93 so its obd1 which means more fun
                    my car is slow

B00$teD h23 500+hp of pure power mmm

Comment

My friend is going to go ahead and get this car. I saw it for the first time the other day and it looks awesome. Thanks for the feedback guys...

Comment

Just FYI, the ABS light on Honda ABS systems up to about 97 is generally caused by leaky seals and a low fluid level. They tend to leak very slowly, so you won't really notice any fluid around. Depending on who built the ABS system, it may or may not be easy to fix. Check some of the other Honda forums as this is a known issue on Honda's ABS systems. In the case of the difficult ABS fix, it is a $2.00 seal that goes bad. The expensive part is that you have to completely disassemble the ABS unit to change it.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I'll be sure to take note of that. Thanks...

Comment

the abs light may be b/c of the cv joints. isn't there a ring or something on the axels that are a part of the speed sensor? cause the half shafts are different between abs and non abs cars. and personally, i'd be glad that the abs doesnt work.
                            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

IT's all good. The car ended up having a cracked block. Oh well, good thing my friend didn't buy it...

Comment

Working...
                              X