• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Mugen Civic 8th gen!!

Check this out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weNTcn4fnQQ

sweet

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

That was not a mugen civic, Nice though.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

x2

not even close to a Mugen Si. fail

What was so amazing about it? a turbo Si doing a burnout... cool
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

he would do horrible against a longer geared turboed vehicle such as the f22 on highway pulls. those short gears have got to kill his valvetrain
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            he would do horrible against a longer geared turboed vehicle such as the f22 on highway pulls. those short gears have got to kill his valvetrain
            How would they kill his valvetrain? His traction maybe...
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The smile at 1:25 says it all

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah he looks extremely happy lol. I can't blame him though.

Comment

the 8th gen si and the si mugen is the same thing

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by 96accord914 View Post
                    the 8th gen si and the si mugen is the same thing
                    Yeah pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by coletrain View Post
                      Yeah pretty much
                      i know with the mugen all u paying for is a mugen look as the rims exhaust and bodykit

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        How would they kill his valvetrain? His traction maybe...
                        true..

I from past history have found that when we drive super short geared civics such as this one, especially when turbo charged, we slam that needle againt the rev limiter thats normally around 8 grand or more.
                        Causing some serious floating valves. I know that may not seem to scarry, as it isn't, untill u throw a turbocharger on their, increasing any symptoms that may have exzisted, putting those stock valve springs through absolute hell, the valves to of corse.
                        and if the car was built on a mon-or fri, like so many are, i would assume that something in the head will give before and little part in the block would, as these bottom ends are pretty well thought out.

Obviously this could be prohibited by a tunning session.

As compared to say my gsx or f22a tranny,, that both have extremely long gears , to where your in boost so long you wanna shift before you peg out the rev limiter where you would prolly be loosing power anyways.

I, duno, it just seems like it would.. as that's what normally fails on 4g63t's before anything in the block does....

With this civic i may be wrong... but i feel rather informed on them, as i am a member on 8thgenhondacivic and have been for 3 years.
                        And some of them have had bent valve problems.

but it would be a fun track/rally car if modified crrectly.

edit: i remem being young and being able to afford to roast off all my tires!
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                          true..

I from past history have found that when we drive super short geared civics such as this one, especially when turbo charged, we slam that needle againt the rev limiter thats normally around 8 grand or more.
                          Causing some serious floating valves. I know that may not seem to scarry, as it isn't, untill u throw a turbocharger on their, increasing any symptoms that may have exzisted, putting those stock valve springs through absolute hell, the valves to of corse.
                          and if the car was built on a mon-or fri, like so many are, i would assume that something in the head will give before and little part in the block would, as these bottom ends are pretty well thought out.

Obviously this could be prohibited by a tunning session.

As compared to say my gsx or f22a tranny,, that both have extremely long gears , to where your in boost so long you wanna shift before you peg out the rev limiter where you would prolly be loosing power anyways.

I, duno, it just seems like it would.. as that's what normally fails on 4g63t's before anything in the block does....

With this civic i may be wrong... but i feel rather informed on them, as i am a member on 8thgenhondacivic and have been for 3 years.
                          And some of them have had bent valve problems.

but it would be a fun track/rally car if modified crrectly.

edit: i remem being young and being able to afford to roast off all my tires!
                          Well the K20 is good to about 9600RPM with nearly no changes, so I imagine it won't hurt it.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

there was a 2007 jdm mugen si RR that came in a custom red and with 240hp. there is also a mugen si dominator that came supercharged with 300hp.
                            before & after

Comment

Unless the dude is banging the rev limiter with every shift I don't think the head will be a problem. I would say the bottom end would go first.

It prob would be better for dude to get a longer geared tranny though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X