H22 EG trannt mount problems HELP..56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 EG trannt mount problems HELP..56K BEWARE

Alright guys, I was getting all my crap together. Getting ready to put my H22 in my eg civic. But when I was putting the tranny swap mount on the tranny I came upon a big problem.

This tranny is an F22 out of the prelude. Are the Other f series trannys different or are they all like this?

Bump, so is this how all f22 trannys are?

Comment

funny thing, I actually put an F22 trans in my Civic just today (because I was sick of constant 3800rpm on the highway)

yes, all F/H trannies are like that

what kind of mounts are those? i guess they want you to use washers there? i really don't know..... that looks like a really dumb way to make an H/F Civic mount. even noname ebay mounts are designed better than that

by the way, I hope you aren't planning on daily driving the car with that mount.... that mount is going to be brutal, it will feel like you have solid metal mounts

EDIT: i looked at your pictures again and honestly, i don't think that mount is going to work at all. it simply doesn't have enough clearance for the Civic mount bracket.... unless the mount came with a custom bracket that you are supposed to weld into the engine bay....
      Last edited by rexload; 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

The moiunts are supposed to be direct bolt in like the ESP mounts. I bought them from a guy off hondatech who claimed they were AVID mounts.

And yah the car is going to be daily driven, no balancer shafts either. Im going to sacrifice comfort for performance...

Comment

I was comparing the mounts to ESP. The esp sits flush on the 2 lower bolts and curves up for the 3rd bolt. But the actual mount hole is about 2 or 3 inches from base of the mount. Were as mine sits only an inch or so from the base of the mount. So with some type of spacer or sleeve. The acctual mounting postion should be almost identical.

Im going to be calling AVID tomorrow, this is the only damb thing holding me back from putting the engine in. Also I just got my camera back so il be taking some pics and posting up...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
            I was comparing the mounts to ESP. The esp sits flush on the 2 lower bolts and curves up for the 3rd bolt. But the actual mount hole is about 2 or 3 inches from base of the mount. Were as mine sits only an inch or so from the base of the mount. So with some type of spacer or sleeve. The acctual mounting postion should be almost identical.

Im going to be calling AVID tomorrow, this is the only damb thing holding me back from putting the engine in. Also I just got my camera back so il be taking some pics and posting up...
            yes, that is how my tranny mount is. it sits flush on the two lower bolts and curves up for the higher bolt.

you could put a spacer or just a bunch of strong washers on your mount....BUT! I think the base of your mount is not going to have enough clearance for the Civic mount bracket.
            I am NOT 100% sure about this but from looking at that picture I think you will have that problem.

I would just bolt that mount to the tranny with some spacers and then put the tranny into the engine bay(without the engine so you can do it real quick) and see if the mout will bolt up to the bracket.
            good luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
              The moiunts are supposed to be direct bolt in like the ESP mounts. I bought them from a guy off hondatech who claimed they were AVID mounts.

And yah the car is going to be daily driven, no balancer shafts either. Im going to sacrifice comfort for performance...
              yea with those mounts, the engine is going to vibrate the whole car lol
              .....that is the only thing that sucks about having an H22 in a Civic.

I've thought about switching to Hasport mounts sometime in the future... but i can't find any info on whether they would vibrate less than the ESP style mounts... the Hasport mounts are 450bucks though

Comment

^can't you just compare durometers and shoot for a lower figure for the HASport mounts?

Comment

Working...
                X