• Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 Chevy Lumina burning oil and losing AF

My old lady's car has some issues:
    1. Burning oil like crazy
    2. Smell of Antifreeze
    3. Loss of antifreeze

I am thinking this is due to a leaking head gasket, or just needing a major tune-up. I have some ideas but I am still learning cars a bit, obviously not a newb and this isn't a honda >.< I just need a bit of advise here, please and thank you.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Probably has the typical GM V6 Lower Intake Manifold gasket leaks...pain in the ass. If you google "Lumina LIM gasket", you should get an idea of the (potential) problem, and a remedy.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I dont remember if luminas came with 3100s. If they did I definetly would not rule out a head gasket or IM gasket.

Comment

it is the intake gasket..alot of the 3100 series leak..i just checked out a olds ciera i believe it was a 97-99 but anyways they was complaining of temp guage jumping and thermostat sticking. then i look around intake leaking right below the throttle body and it was low on coolant.

Comment

Working...
        X