Opinions on Ford Rangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Ford Rangers?

Since i wrecked my Dakota, i'm looking to get back into a truck asap because i've got a bunch of things to haul that a Honda can't.

My brother found a nice looking Ford Ranger on CL in Somerset, KY that's below what i'm looking to spend from my insurance settlement.

Is there anything on those trucks that i'd ought to be aware of?
    I don't really know any other details about the truck except what's listed in the ad.

"99 ford ranger extended cab step side bed runs great no smoke or oil usage has a few miles 170,000. 5 speed, cluth only has 4,000 miles of use, brakes and rotors has just been changed, a/c works great. for any other questions call"

the body from the pictures look real good. it's a nice bright red truck come with that tonneau cover in the back. It's gotta be at least a V6 because of it's size... Idk, i've never owned a Ford before. it's always been Honda our my Dakota.

Rear main seal needs replacing about every 2 years. Other than that, my dad nor I have never had a problem with Ford trucks.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

For real? that's kind of a pain in the but to replace, having to drop the tranny then remove the fly wheel and stuff.

Comment

The drive is pretty nice, but they have a high rollover risk. It sucks to try to lift those things on a two-post.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

just dont be like the idit and hit the tree in my front yard after doing donuts in a feild.

outher then that there great little trucks.

The Race Car

Comment

I had a 95 Ranger 4x4 which was an awesome little hauler. I hated the motor though a 3.0 V6 that lacked hp but made enough torque to get by.

I ended up replacing the motor before I sold it in 2007 though. If it's a 4WD watch out for the oil pan as those tend to rust over time and can become very fragile, also keep and eye out for the transfer case...once those go your looking at $700 for a reman unit.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
            X