Got a good deal on this turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a good deal on this turbo.

Not sure if anyone knows but I am running a 16g turbo setup right now, well I was looking for a similar turbo and came across the GT Concepts Evo 3 GT turbo from turbochargers.com

The turbo is a "knockoff" that was made in house by turbochargers (in case you aren't familiar with them, they have been in business 30+ years) The turbo is cast ported (meaning you get the 7cm turbo inlet, ported wastegate, outlet, etc) and it also comes with a 34mm flapper already installed.

It uses a turbine wheel that is the same as the MHI Evo 3 Big 16g but is a bit thicker for strength. It also uses the Mitsubishi wastegate actuator. Overall I'm impressed with this turbo and going to replace my 16g with it to see how it compares. If it is just as good or better, I may have the "real" 16g up for sale.

The thing is, these turbos went for about $600 brand new, 3 years ago. They stopped making them and I got one hell of a deal on it. Turbochargers had ONE left in stock that went through a complete rebuild and I snatched it up. For more info on the turbo itself, you can visit BBL Group's website (they made these and different DSM vendors had these for sale...GT Concepts is the same turbo but made IN HOUSE by turbochargers.com) Anyways, grabbed this turbo for $300 plus $25 shipping and it is pretty awesome. Check it out.

It came packed very well and in this bag...I guess so the packing material didn't get inside the turbo.

Just for shits and giggles, check out my Punishment dumped O2 housing (this was custom built by the way) and my 3 inch downpipe:

You probably gotta turn your head for that one.

Inlet.

And to get an idea of how monstrous this thing is, check out the outlet next to that can....

Last but not least, if you're interested in reading more about the Evo 3 GT turbo, check this out. http://www.bblgroup.us/automotive/product/evo3gt/

/end long ass post.
    VIP Status.
Working...
X