my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
    Deisel was like $4.80/gallon here last time I was at the gas station. That sucks. Imagine how much it will be in the winter!
    i wont know. tuesday im meeting with some biodiesel people who are already cooking it and by the 50 gallon and we are going to up production alot.
    ]

Comment

so what size holset is that?
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post
        Because we stay on topic.
        X2 we stay on topic lol
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
          Nice dave..hold up, what happened to the frontier..
          oh im selling it.

and that holset is either an hx30 or hx35 im not too sure.
          ]

Comment

dont you have to run a mix of Bio + reg to run Bio diesel or am i confused? if so.. it might be cheaper but still gonna hurt
            R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
            SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Love these things to death. I remember when my neighbor had a brand new one.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                Put a diesel under load over its weight you will see black smoke shoot out of it anyday. We had a demonstration at my old diesel lab. As I said an efficient diesel should have a thin mist of grayish smoke coming out the pipe unless it gets overworked. I don't think anyone was getting "environmental". They were just stating facts. The argument started with diesel smoke no one talked about efficiency of anything so no one disagreed that point.
                I missed this. How do you overwork a diesel? I was sitting in the yard horse at work idling for about 2 minutes waiting for the stupid ass driver to move from blocking my bay. Soon as I go to take off, black smoke out the exhaust stack. No trailer so no load, not overworking or fiddled with injectors.

In the military most vehicles are emissions exempt. Natural diesels without nanny ecm programs or fail emissions devices. I'm talking basic. you'd be hard pressed to find one that does not smoke black occasionally by itself.

The newer diesels are a lil different. Programmed to achieve maximum efficiency from the factory,but once the line companies get a hold of them, they get nutted down to "cut down fuel costs". Guess what? They still smoke black.

That'll all change since law requires trucks made after 2007 be equppied with a catalyic conveter. If you talk to a fleet mechanic thats worth a fuck, then they should know that overworking a diesel is politically incorrect within reason and that emissions/nanny programs choke a diesel.

A true diesel will smoke black occasionally because of its nature. I work for a company that runs mainly international 8100 daycabs that have racked up stupid amounts of miles(past 1,000,000). You know daycabs pull freight and even though estes is a less than truckload carrier those truck still haul more than they should for miles a gasoline engine could only dream of while hauling nothing.

umm...yeah. Hey turbo dave, I recommend shell rotella 15w40(or whatever you like) for that cummins. Its what they like.
                Last edited by Fake Thug; 08-07-2008, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X