my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

im expanding my business (now the highest paying catalytic core buyer in cntrl FL area visit my website http:/www.junkcarsorlando.com )

and i needed a bigger truck. the 2001 has a the cummins tranny and clutch so no dodge bullshit. this was the best year/cab/transmission combo i could find in FL as far as the 2500 goes.

here she is guys *STILL NEEDS A REAL BUFF (i got the stuff just waiting for the rain to quit!)

]

execellent Cummins for the win. I use to work on M11s. Superb motors. right up there with cats.

Comment

HA HA cum..

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

+1 for a truck that's gonna pollute the air 5x more than a normal car. All that blk smoke and all.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Looks good.
          However, muddy pics would have been better!

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            +1 for a truck that's gonna pollute the air 5x more than a normal car. All that blk smoke and all.
            it acutally runs more efficiently then a conventional motor, depsite how much more it smokes, so actually we're polluting more.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
              it acutally runs more efficiently then a conventional motor, depsite how much more it smokes, so actually we're polluting more.
              25-400 times more particulates per mile.
              Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1022071123.htm
              Fossil fuel carbon is NOT a good thing to be breathing.

Please post your source.
              Thanks.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Diesels can run more efficiently especially with newer technologies and new diesel emissions that are creeping up now. The main emission they are trying to get rid of is the carbon. Yes diesels are efficient in a way but not the cleanest. The reason why you see "black smoke" sometimes is either people modding the truck and altering the injectors (not good for diesel motors to be dumping excessive fuel) or just the truck is pulling something making it work harder big semis or normal trucks pulling large goosenecks. The norm is supposed to be a grayish smoke or none for a diesel motor that is running efficient. Also diesels have a tighter tolerance...an example would be why you never wash out an intake manifold on a diesel on the truck like a Fuel injected vehicle. Some brake clean can sieze up a motor that easily. Fun stuff.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Who invited the hippies? Take your over environmetal asses back to lala land. Seriously though. Diesels do NOT burn 100% of the fuel in the combustion chamber. As matter of fact no compression ignition engine does. That is the reason you see black smoke on older trucks. Its normal. In the comes the introduction of propane injection.

A measure to make diesels to burn fuel completely as well as cleaner. Diesels ARE much more efficient than gasoline engines, but they do pollute more. The newer trucks have EGRS , but crankcase pressures which can be considered pollution are still sent into the atmosphere. Everytime you see a tractor/trailer driving by and you see that hose sticking out underneath its to release the crankcase fumes/gases whatever from the motor. A zero emissions diesel is around the corner. So dont get all enviro-mental on us.

On a side note you wanna talk about breathing? Why dont you focus on a real killer like tabbaco smoke.
                  Last edited by Fake Thug; 07-20-2008, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                    Why dont you focus on a real killer like tabbaco smoke.
                    Because we stay on topic.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

grabbin gears in one bad boy truck, looks good, something i wouldnt mind driving

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Put a diesel under load over its weight you will see black smoke shoot out of it anyday. We had a demonstration at my old diesel lab. As I said an efficient diesel should have a thin mist of grayish smoke coming out the pipe unless it gets overworked. I don't think anyone was getting "environmental". They were just stating facts. The argument started with diesel smoke no one talked about efficiency of anything so no one disagreed that point.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post

Wow.. Is that the actual mileage?....Not bad at all.

Comment

Nice dave..hold up, what happened to the frontier..
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Deisel was like $4.80/gallon here last time I was at the gas station. That sucks. Imagine how much it will be in the winter!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X