honda powered saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda powered saturn

this kid walked into my room last night, and saw that i was on cb7tuner, and saw the small honda logos. then we started talking about cars and whatnot, and his dad and friend work for a saturn dealer, and he told me some of the new saturns had honda motors. i thought he was mental, till he called his friend and got the details. he said the new Saturn VUE's had em. still skeptical, i looked it up and found these pages:

http://waw.wardsauto.com/ar/auto_powered_honda/ <-- from before it happened

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/satu....roadtests.1.* <-- followup testing

ends up saturn did in fact use V6 motors that honda produced especially for saturn's sport edition of the VUE (the "redline").

thats news to me! kinda cool

from edmunds.com, caption reads as follows: "What, a Honda engine in a Saturn? Hey, we're not complaining!"

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

good info.

Comment

crazy, nice find....still not a big saturn fan...who knows..maybe my view will change soon

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

lol Saturn think they smart Trying to get reliability now. Still suck.

Comment

Yeah theres an explanation for it...\

Honda signed a deal with GM to get there diesel motors in exchange for the Honda V6 that powers the Accord and Odyssey line.

I read about it awhile back, I remember I posted I was really pissed at Honda but hey what can you do.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Yeah, more domestic cars are starting to have honda and toyota engines..

Saturn Vue obviously w/the Honda engine

Pontiac Vibe has the toyota engine(i think whats in the matrix)

im sure the list will keep growing as people get a life and actually want a dependable and efficient car.

Comment

thats a damn shame a saturn is one the worst cars i have ever driven and i thought that gm got there foreign engines from toyota the new pontiac vibes have the V V T I engines found in all the new toyotas i guess i was wrong

Comment

holy crap....the redline motor is supercharged right??? that must mean honda now has an obd2 ECU with boost tables on it...interesting

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                  holy crap....the redline motor is supercharged right??? that must mean honda now has an obd2 ECU with boost tables on it...interesting
                  very good call... never thought of that... makes me wonder what block/engine that redline motor is based off of...

wonder if ppl will start finding ways to grab em (s/c's or the whole motor) out of saturns and swap them into their honda chassis'.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

"Hold it! This is basically the same cast aluminum VTEC variable-valve-timing-equipped mill and five-speed automatic Honda drops into the $36,200 Acura MDX and $27,560 Honda Pilot LX, as well as the Honda Odyssey. Bolted into the $24,810 Saturn Vue (base price is $24,185, plus $395 for curtain airbags, $150 for an upgraded stereo, and $80 for floor mats), doesn't this new Vue represent a "roaring" value?"

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=7783
                    Bart: What's your name?
                    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

i dont think its boosted guys. for one thing its only 250 hp. dont take me wrong, 250 hp is great, but out of a 3.5L V6? nahh gotta be NA

"For around $2,000, the Red Line package gives you a lowered suspension with firmer springs and struts, 18-inch alloy wheels wearing beefy 245/50 performance tires, unique front and rear fascias and a chrome exhaust tip."

i think youre thinking about the ion redlines. the vue is like a soccermom suv.

Comment

Working...
                      X