Ideas for troublesome Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for troublesome Jeep

Just thought I run this problem by everyone and see if there is any ideas.

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 auto w/ 100k miles

only averages 13mpg city and 19hwy being extremely babied. thats basing it off emptying a full tank and filling and estimating by whats put in

basically, it hates to idle, idles at 600rpm but stumbles. no pattern, or rthymn
    just randomly will have lil burps, or sometimes shaking hard enough u can see the jeep rocking when outside of it and it drops to like 2-300rpm. never does a hard near stall above 1000rpm but has lil burps. always worst if its under load at idle like on a hill w/ light brake in drive. in N or P and the problem is way less and never has tried to stall, just burps u cant even see a difference on the rpm gauge.

last nite going to get ice cream it about stalled 9 times in 3mins of waiting in line. and had random burps even at 2500rpm.

i replaced cap, rotor, plug wires and plugs few mths ago but didnt help much if any. its really random, it will go 2 weeks without even a burp, then wants to stall like last nite.

no engine lights, im guessing a fuel injector is sticking open. ideas?

fathers jeep so i never get time to take it apart or even look at the plugs unless im "very sure i know what the problem is, no guess work"

Drop $90 at your local Jeep/Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge dealership for diagnostics; its may be throwing a code but not turning on lights.

If you have a reader, hit the OBD to see if anything comes up.

May be anything from a blocked fuel filter to bad gas to loose wire to a failing ECU. Without proper diagnostics for your specific situation its all pure speculation, however.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

My friend had the exact same issue...He replaced the harmonic balancer and it helped a little bit, but he never got it completely figured out. How are the EGR ports?
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Roll it like every other jeep I have seen lol. Is your CEL working properly? With something Idling that bad I would expect and engine light to at least come on. Go to chrysler and do diagnostics as mentioned. The DRBIII should be able to track info how everything is working in the motor.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
        X