rx-7 or 240sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rx-7 or 240sx?

I'm gettin a new car this week or next week depending if i can find one. but are both of these good cars? i saw some sick lookin rx-7's and also some 240's, i wanna get a 240 and turbo it. whats the good/bad on these? i'm out the accord game, i keep wreckin em, bad luck for me.

either or are a good candidate for an lsx swap
    Members Ride

Comment

do me a favor and dont get a rotary motor.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        unless you know that thing in and out........or have patience to learn, the 240 sounds like a deal.
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          Yup pretty much, But they are really pretty reliable 30% percent of the time.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
            Yup pretty much, But they are really pretty reliable 30% percent of the time.
            Ugh. Rotaries are perfectly reliable if you know how to take care of them and follow the cars owners manuals. Stupid people give rotaries a bad reputation because of their own damn ignorance and lack of maintenance.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
              Ugh. Rotaries are perfectly reliable if you know how to take care of them and follow the cars owners manuals. Stupid people give rotaries a bad reputation because of their own damn ignorance and lack of maintenance.
              Well when your buying one used its hard to know.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                a rotary wont go as long as a 4 stroke motor.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

But it's not like they mysteriously break down at 30k miles either. Once they get north of about 150k, it's a crap shoot. They really are excellent motors though, it's just the nature of the design that they wear out quicker.
                  Last edited by foamypirate; 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

hmmm i was thinkin the same thing here my frend... i wud go 240 just cuzz i want one too lol a tuned boosted sr20 is hard to defeat

Find me in the canyons

Comment

SR20's are over rated. The Rotaries are good motors. Its just people dont know how to tune them properly, and lack of maintenance. Both cars have good aftermarket support. Years of both cars can help a decision.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I like the charm of the RX-7 myself. The 240sx is a bit more "idiot proof" though.

Honestly, if you keep wrecking Accords, do you really think a RWD sporty car, especially with a turbo, is going to be any better?

How much are you looking to spend? If you're looking for a cheap car, get the Nissan. You can get a better 240sx for a low price than you can an RX7 for the same price. Cheap RX7s are often beat to hell.

Plus, in stock form, the NA rotaries are pretty gutless... and they suck when it comes to fuel economy, turbo or not.

For a DD, get the Nissan.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          SR20's are over rated.
                          Agreed, my friend used to kill them easy with his cobalt (i know you're probally like WTF) but trust me, his cobalt was quick as shit

Comment

Rx-7s are money pits and have so many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                              Rx-7s are money pits and have so many problems.
                              even if you could rebuilt the motor, parts are hard to find and source.

look at how much this is...i can buy a h22 at that price!
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maste...spagenameZWD1V
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X