1997 camry 2.2 4cly or 6cly swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 camry 2.2 4cly or 6cly swap?

Hey guys i resently got i 1997 Toyota Camry 4cly from my dad for nothing. The car has a locked up 2.2L 4cly motor in it and im debaiting on getting a rebuilt 4cly for like 1,200 bucks installed or trying to convert it to the 3.0L 6cly. but i don't know what to do?????
    Click Here
    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

convert it to a v6 with 5-spd .....you'll love it..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I have a 97 V6, and it is a great motor. Runs strong with a lot of km's on it, and has a fair amount of power 194hp and roughly 210 lb ft of torque, if i remember correctly. Well worth it if you can get it with a 5 speed tranny, though they were really rare (V6+ 5sp.) I myself have been thinking to do the 5 speed swap and the 5 speed tranny quote i got was surprisingly cheap. If you can afford it, convert to v6.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

v6+5spd=
        my buddy used camry v6 5spd tranny for his swap to mr2
        he told me very great tranny and powerful

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
        too bad seattle silver's are the best.
        ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Go with the v6 swap. A buddy of mine did a v6 swap on his old '92 himself and said it was totally worth it. He recently just did a 5speed swap on his '94 camry coupe. There was never a v6 5speed coupe made, but a few people have done it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Durrby
            Go with the v6 swap. A buddy of mine did a v6 swap on his old '92 himself and said it was totally worth it. He recently just did a 5speed swap on his '94 camry coupe. There was never a v6 5speed coupe made, but a few people have done it themselves.

oh yes....you know its worth it..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

If i do this is it like an H22 swap, what i mean is it a drop in deal or is there a lot of mods that need to be done?
              Click Here
              1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
              1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
              1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
              2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
              2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Todds91
                If i do this is it like an H22 swap, what i mean is it a drop in deal or is there a lot of mods that need to be done?
                if you were to compare to H22 its different story..
                does require some work(shouldn't be that bad)..but like everyone said..its worth it with the 5-spd..

Comment

put a 3SGTE in that bitch

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                    put a 3SGTE in that bitch

werd. Or 4AGE 20V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlIGu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_eZ...eature=related

Comment

LSx swap....

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                        LSx swap....

Comment

True, 3sgte would be mint, very mod friendly, other wise the 1MZFE (v6 motor) would be sick too, especially if you find a 3.0 trd s/c. You will be laughing either way.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63
                            True, 3sgte would be mint, very mod friendly, other wise the 1MZFE (v6 motor) would be sick too, especially if you find a 3.0 trd s/c. You will be laughing either way.

oh yeah...almost forgot about the 3sgte...those are great too..

Comment

Working...
                            X