EK civic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK civic question

Hey my brothers civic threw a rod and I am wondering if the ep3 engine would drop in without him having to buy new mounts trying to explore as many options as possible cause there arent alot of d15s around here right now and I haven't been able to call any local swap shops but any help would be appriciated.
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Originally posted by DA92CB7
    Hey my brothers civic threw a rod and I am wondering if the ep3 engine would drop in without him having to buy new mounts trying to explore as many options as possible cause there arent alot of d15s around here right now and I haven't been able to call any local swap shops but any help would be appriciated.

ep3 engine will not drop in without aftermarket mounts.

its a k series motor.

Comment

yeah thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure I hate going on honda tech and trying to find shit.

MY RIDE

vouches:
      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Comment

yeah thats what I thought I just wanted to make sure I hate going on honda tech and trying to find shit.
        That's just another way of admitting that your lazy...Honda-Tech.com can be helpful...if you search.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I guess plus I don't like that site in general so we

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
            That's just another way of admitting that your lazy...Honda-Tech.com can be helpful...if you search.
            Yea and that site has like 100000000000 posts of info on civics and tegs if you read through the stickies. IMO the K23A2 that came in those EP SI are weak.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

doesnt matter hes not looking for hp just a motor to swap back in so he can sell it.

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Then why is he looking at a K? A replacement D series is 10x cheaper.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol well the only d I have seen around here is 500 and we found a k outa an ep3 lx for 250 lol so yeah

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

the work to get it in would surely be too expensive...I'm only really experienced in the ef/ed chassis right now, but K's are not cheap to put in...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yeah and trying to find an ex d16 long block is hard around here.

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Craigslist is where its at.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          Yea and that site has like 100000000000 posts of info on civics and tegs if you read through the stickies. IMO the K23A2 that came in those EP SI are weak.
                          It's actually a K20A3

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Yea and that site has like 100000000000 posts of info on civics and tegs if you read through the stickies. IMO the K20A3 that came in those EP SI are weak.

stock wise they are weak. but they have the ability to be turboed.

my cousins white ep3 (on aprils issue of honda tuning, middle page) is turboed and pushing over 225whp (cant remember the exact number on the top of my head). those things have potential. but stockwise an average h22 can beat it. oh yea if you see the props section my cousin put my name down

your brother is better off with an ls swap, LS VTEC, GSR w/greddy turbo kit.

Comment

lol well the only d I have seen around here is 500 and we found a k outa an ep3 lx for 250 lol so yeah
                              Whats an ep3 LX?

Comment

Working...
                              X