Question about RSX-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about RSX-S

What motor comes in the Acura RSX type S?

I drove one the other day, it was white, 6 speed, and had a full exhaust, from the header back.

Honestly, I thought it was slow.

But don't they come with a K24? And aren't K24's supposedly fast?

And I popped the hood, and the intake manifold was at the front, so I'm pretty sure that's a K something...
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

K20letternumber. Theyre not much faster than a stock H22 swapped cb. And by that I mean maybe a tenth or two in the quarter with perfect drivers in both.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
      K20letternumber. Theyre not much faster than a stock H22 swapped cb. And by that I mean maybe a tenth or two in the quarter with perfect drivers in both.

Damn that was quick. So they really aren't very fast?

Though I must say, even though it felt so slow, it felt VERY well put together. Everything was so solid, and the clutch was awesome. Not to mention 6 speed fun!
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

they are fun little cars, definetly has a sporty feel to it.

Comment

220hp from a 2.0L engine... Not a torque monster, especially for someone that has recently been driving a Camaro and Dakota! (though it'd be considerably faster in the quarter mile than either of those). They aren't slow, but they aren't crazy fast. Only a little quicker than an H22 CB7.

Remember, Honda doesn't engineer for straight line performance either. As you said, it was well put together, and very solid. Those things handle very well in stock form.

The Type S is basically the new Integra GSR. We never got the Type R (and there was an Integra Type R using the DC5 chassis... RSX Type R would be kinda weird though! )

Comment

Yeah, so they should make an RSX Type SH.

With awd

and the RDXs K23.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

They should stop making the RSX... oh, wait... they did

Comment

my friend has a 2002 type s. comes with the K20A3.

they have 200hp, not 220. and i think somewhere in the 145ish range of torque

they arent super fast by any means, top end motor for sure. gutless until Ivtec, but what honda motor isnt? good driver should be able to hit 14.8 on street tires. my friends best time at the track with his so far is 15.1

just to give you some idea on the power, from a roll (no skill involved, just motor vs motor) he pulls slightly on stock WRX, puts car lenths on stock GSR's, pulls slightly on GSR hatch's, buts car lenths on B16 hatch's. also raced a SRT-4 with exhaust, but both drivers said they pulled
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

1. The "Integra" Type R in Japan had 220hp. Thats there version of RSX.
                  2. As I recall the RSX motor is a K20A2 not a k20a3 which is the base model.
                  3. I agree with wafflefries. We have one sitting on our shop floor at school. Brand new and everything. Stock turbo on those things is a t04 lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Suspension sucks on the DC5...
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

They are slow as fuck in the grand scheme of things. But the k20's respond very well when cracked open, and with a good suspension setup they can be quite the track assassin.

I'm just over the whole 'need to rev to make power' thing. Its fine if you have a track car with good gearing, but its useless for daily driving.

Shit, my car makes twice the torque of the K20 at 4 thousand. Not really a fair comparison, but I know which one i'd rather drive every day.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        They should stop making the RSX... oh, wait... they did
                        they should have never stopped making the ITR though

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          220hp from a 2.0L engine... Not a torque monster, especially for someone that has recently been driving a Camaro and Dakota! (though it'd be considerably faster in the quarter mile than either of those). They aren't slow, but they aren't crazy fast. Only a little quicker than an H22 CB7.

Remember, Honda doesn't engineer for straight line performance either. As you said, it was well put together, and very solid. Those things handle very well in stock form.

The Type S is basically the new Integra GSR. We never got the Type R (and there was an Integra Type R using the DC5 chassis... RSX Type R would be kinda weird though! )

That's how it felt. Like, it felt slow, but it could definatly handle being thrown around. It did handle remarkably well. Just not as "peppy" as I expected.

Comment

try this...

...it will make you feel better
                            DEVOTE

Comment

These things absolutely are amazing on the track when you start tuning up the suspension, and the aftermkarket support is great as well, like stated above.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X