tiger japanese or jdm enginedepot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiger japanese or jdm enginedepot

i know everybody likes hmotors but i live on the east cost and they want to much for shipping plus its going to be a while for it to come here. so my question is for the people who have bought a engine from tiger japanese or jdm enginedepot. how is your motor holding up? and whats the best choice out of the 2? and best rep?
    我愛我的本田

I personally haven't done business with either. But, there's a guy that comes into my work all the time with a s13 240sx. He ordered an SR20 from JDM EngDep. When I had my 240 I was talking to him about their customer service, quality, etc. He paid a little bit more for it than I was wanting to spend. But, at that time he had neevr had any problems out of his engine. All he did was swap clutches when he got it.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

hmotors charged me $200 for shipping... less than most places charge for any sort of truck/train freight.

I've heard good and about both. Tiger is the more common one around here it seems. Personally, I'd say shell out the extra cash for hmotors... but it's your choice.

Comment

a motor certainly isn't something you want to cheap out on either.

a friend of mine bought an sr20 from somewhere for cheap, and the motor is a POS. constantly breaking down. i guess it doesn't help that he beats on it, but whatever.

this is one of the "you get what you pay for" deals...

Comment

Lots of people are going to start coming in saying "I got my H22 for $300 from jdjerogwer.com and it's fine... get it there". Not ALL cheap motors are going to be garbage. cpmike got his first H22A from some unknown seller on ebay. The guy disappeared for 6 months... and one day, when he had given up hope, the H22 appeared on his doorstep. It was in fine shape, and even had an LSD transmission (which was a surprise... mike drove it without realizing it for a while) Could he have gotten screwed? Sure. He could've gotten nothing at all, or he could've gotten a turd. He got lucky and got a good motor.

The less you pay, the greater the chance you take. Many of the cheap "JDM" motors with "low mileage" may actually be Australian motors... where their driving habits and regulations are similar to here in the US. Your "JDM" motor may have 159,000 miles on it! Wouldn't it be some shit to replace your 130,000 mile healthy 1993 F22A6 with a beat-to-death 1992 H22A with 170,000??

Now, those shops you mentioned aren't the bottom of the barrel. I've heard plenty of good things about them... so it's not like you're picking up a motor from the shady guy with the hot pink durag on the corner... Still, be careful. Don't go too cheap now, or you'll end up spending more later. I always say, a $2000 running motor is better than an $1000 paperweight!

Comment

i bought mines from "jdm engine depot" for $1150 the first 3 days i was like damn i paid alittle to much but when i went on ebay and seen what they had to offer i felt good about what i paid.

I mean on ebay h22's go from the price range of $750-1200 plus the shipping. So i dont feel that bad about what i paid. Going chep sometimes just isn't the answer you end up spending so much more in the long run.

Comment

tigerjapanese has h22's for like $700. Some ppl say thats still too much. Are they crazy or am i??

I was quoted by a shop in KC that an h22 swap would cost me $3000. $2200-motor. $800-labor. But they were probably gonna do the whole swap, not just the engine.

Thats where my problem comes in. It may "dirt easy" but its still something im not willing to screw up, which means i gotta have a shop do it.

I like things like A/C, P/S and CC...plus not to mention, the last thing i need is for some mech to call me up and say my h22 is missing something that they cant use from the old f...then im really screwed.

If i knew that it came everything i needed to literally, swap-in/swap-out, id buy one online. My only concern is missing parts...not that either or those sites would skimp on parts but....im just ranting about buying online now, so...

GL with whichever one you use. Be sure to let everyone know how the engine works.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The only reason tiger jap is cheap is because they sell the transmission separately.

Now if hmotors could lower the price on the Euro R that would be a different story...but I'm dreaming.

:edit:

I lean more towards hmotorsonline.com though. The sales rep seems very helpful and knowledgeable about his stuff and he doesn't bs.

Plus I would take Deev's word for it as well
                Last edited by HenRoc; 02-20-2008, 12:57 AM.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

when tiger japanise sells motors, you dont get the wiring harness, ecu, tranny, and some other shit i forgot.

thats why hmotors you pay a bit more, but you get a complete swap. i think after the turbo im going back to n/a with a h22.

hmotors:

H22A 92-95 Motor, Tranny, Computer

Price: $ 1899.00 Plus shipping and handling.
                  Availability: In stock and ready to go.

- Motor
                  - Hydraulic Tranny
                  - ECU (P13)
                  - Alternator
                  - Starter
                  - Clutch
                  - Flywheel
                  - Intake Manifold
                  - Exhaust Manifold
                  - Fuel Rail
                  - Injectors
                  - Distributor
                  - Engine Harness
                  - Comes With All Sensors Needed
                  - LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!

tiger japanise

Complete Motor
                  Complete Head
                  Intake Manifold
                  Distributor
                  VTEC Solonoid
                  Power Steering
                  Exhaust
                  Alternator
                  Throttle Body
                  Fuel Rail
                  Injectors

add

wiring harness + $65 or f22s
                  h22 computer (150) or chipped ($180+)
                  h22 tranny (750)
                  clutch (400+)
                  clutch fork (15)

so on top of 750 around 200 shipping and 1400 for add ons. so thats over the price of hmotors.
                  Last edited by quickangel93; 02-20-2008, 01:12 AM.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

so for the best h22 swap? --H22 Complete Swap

or would this h22 swap

work better for an f22 replacement.. i only see the sensors and motor mounts and axles different.. is it necessary to get the new mounts and axles and sensors with a h22

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r
                      so for the best h22 swap? --H22 Complete Swap

or would this h22 swap

work better for an f22 replacement.. i only see the sensors and motor mounts and axles different.. is it necessary to get the new mounts and axles and sensors with a h22
                      the 2nd one. the only thing you need to do is wire vtec. everything is basically bolt on.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                        the 2nd one. the only thing you need to do is wire vtec. everything is basically bolt on.
                        k cool thx alot =D so shipping is around 3 right? so im expecting to pay around 2.2k for the engine shipped? that sound about right

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r
                          k cool thx alot =D so shipping is around 3 right? so im expecting to pay around 2.2k for the engine shipped? that sound about right
                          yea thats about right. dude its totally worth it.
                          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

oh man i kno.. but im still not sure.. i reallly wanna get another f22 and see what thier capable of. so i might do that and use the money i would save over buying a h22 to put it into the engine.. h23 IM, bisi level 1 cam, port polish, bisi pistons, bisi titanium valvetrain upgrade with teflon spacers, and umm thats all i can think of now.. i just wanna see what that will get me.. and of course boost after the engine is ready to support it

8 Accords so far:

Comment

jdm engine depot is a pretty good spot. You can walk around their warehouse and pretty much pick out whatever you want. They've been around for a while and a lot of people I talk to know about them. I got my H22 from there and its been all gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X