Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    Yup American Honda Co. in 1958.
    What were they building/manufacturing at that time?
    Small engines or cars?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      What were they building/manufacturing at that time?
      Small engines or cars?
      Motorbikes and building prototypes for road cars.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

this thread is going down the tube....only a matter of time
        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

lock it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The hateraid comes from the F & F.

Even though pretty much every car in that movie was NOT a Honda, the demographic of people that seemed to look up to it mostly owned Hondas. Therefore, they "tuned" their Hondas to be like the movie cars. Then they embraced the "street racing" culture and became maligned by society. I never had problems of any kind prior to that historical point, and I don't think most others did either.

The hypocritical part of the whole thing was that back in the day, most of the cars "non-ricer" Americans look up to were involved in this kind of behavior. In the 50's it was the Hot Rods, in the 70's it was the muscle cars, and in the 90's it was the imports. About every generation this seems to happen.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I'm sure the hot rods and muscle cars had their opposition as well... it's just that those people are now in their later years... Nothing will compare.

Honestly, what's the difference between vinyl decals on a Civic or a flame paintjob on a 38 Buick? Sure, we all grew up with the flames on hot rods, as did most of our parents... so it's "cool"... but honestly, it's the same sort of tacky, superficial, "look how fast my car is... er... looks" thing. If I had a 38 Buick, I wouldn't paint flames on it... just like my Honda doesn't have decals on it (well... aside from my tasteful cb7tuner decals, of course!)

What's the difference between dropping a big engine into a deuce coupe compared to an H22 swap in a CRX? Or a turbo on... anything?

What's the difference between a set of 18" Volks on an Accord as opposed to a set of 15" Cragars on a Nova?

It's just different. The old-school people don't appreciate the newschool... ever. Eventually, WE will be the oldschool... kids with souped up electric cars will look at the gas powered dinosaurs, wondering why we hate their hobbies... grouping the import tuners of the 90s and 00s with the muscle cars and hotrods that we're looking back at now.

And what will we be saying? A car isn't cool unless it makes noise. What does an electric car do, hum louder? "Kids today... they add a few resistors, get juiced up batteries, and they're running 3s. I remember when I had to pay 3x what my car was worth just to run 12s!" Then we'll rock back in our rocking chairs, spit off the porch, and continue reading our wrinkled, crumbling, ancient copies of Honda Tuning magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                Off topic is irrelevant like you say - Yes
                Though I have noticed this in other sections as well, Also I never said that you diddn't earn your count.

So ummm, what is the solution? Ban Sparkle? Or are you saying I'm a problem because I stood up and said something?

The first post of Sparkles was this:

Deev had a word to him within a couple of minutes - Sorted

Then there is several posts afterwards what I would call provoking. Call it what you want, Just the way i see it.
                Originally posted by h22sparkle
                I know what you goin through I get alot of haters from honda cats evo cats and a couple more. I usually just sit back and chill when they get all cocky I pop the hood and tell em lets go run for money then they think twice and change their mind and go to the back and pop shit a little more changing the subject because they are pussy and scared to run for money. Most of the shit poppers dont even have cars are cars fast enough to even fuck with me just ignore em.
                This was his first post in the entire thread, way back on page 1. There was nothing to provoke him prior to this post, therefore your judgement is flawed.

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                Im glad I got out the honda game its so much better less harassment from cops. with all the ricey noise and talk about jdm this and that just makes me sick to my stomach and all these stickers and shit lol what a joke.
                This was his 3rd post, which is the one you just posted. That is an instigating post no matter which way you cut it. He thinks he is cunning, but people pick up on it, they respond, he gets but hurt and starts talking about how much faster his car is and blah blah blah down it goes. It isn't new or mysterious it happens in EVERY thread he ever posts in. Had he stopped at the cop thing, it might have passed, only because there is a SMALL degree of truth to his statement, although it is NOT a valid blanket statment. But he didn't. He had to throw the sticker and JDM thing in there, which is CLEARLY a veiled attack on imports, which is clearly geared toward Honda given the nature of the site. It is also mildly irritating, because the person making fun of "stickers" has a "Superman" sticker on his own car.

Originally posted by deevergote
                Then why do you continue to post on a Honda forum? Remember... YOU may have moved on... at least from the car... but the rest of us like what we have... and most of us aren't "ricey shit and jdm this and that"

Be careful what you put down on here... I'm not going to continue cleaning up the mess such comments from you make.
                This is the post of Deev's that you refer to. It apparently didn't work, because on the very next page, this is sparkies next post, with absolutely no prior response or involvement from anyone in this thread.

Originally posted by H22sparkle
                Damn he must have been really slow. I piss on cocky jap car owners all the time mainly civics. as for accords they are no longer in the game you hardly see them out at all. the game for them is completely dead. As for a stock cb7 lol comon your kidding right. I rather have a skateboard or a motorcycle than a accord now that i have my srt4.
                So really, since nobody was responding in anyway shape or form, or bashing on him, who was really instigating who? I watch everything he says, and I don't respond until his frail little ego gets bruised and he feels the need to start trying to prove how fast he is on the internet, which leads to nothing but flaming and pages and pages of B.S. Usually, when I get involved, everyone else stays out of it, so that the flaming is controlled by me. Eventually, he gets tired of arguing, and shuts up for awhile. A week or two later, we do it all over again, when he is feeling like he needs to boost himself up. As they say, history repeats itself, and this is nothing new. We used to go through it when he had a Honda. All the time.

If you want to verify my claim, you are more than welcome to search through all of his posts. I don't discriminate. If he is being legit, and someone else bags on him first, I take care of them. But you can probably count on 1 hand the number of times that has happened, vs the other side where HE is instigating.

Personally, I would have banned him a long time ago for being a constant irritant. But Deev doesn't want to, and it is his board, so he stays.

We have tons of other people on this board that own other cars besides a CB7 or a Honda, and they seem to get along just fine. But they don't act like this.
                Last edited by owequitit; 03-29-2008, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  I'm sure the hot rods and muscle cars had their opposition as well... it's just that those people are now in their later years... Nothing will compare.

Honestly, what's the difference between vinyl decals on a Civic or a flame paintjob on a 38 Buick? Sure, we all grew up with the flames on hot rods, as did most of our parents... so it's "cool"... but honestly, it's the same sort of tacky, superficial, "look how fast my car is... er... looks" thing. If I had a 38 Buick, I wouldn't paint flames on it... just like my Honda doesn't have decals on it (well... aside from my tasteful cb7tuner decals, of course!)

What's the difference between dropping a big engine into a deuce coupe compared to an H22 swap in a CRX? Or a turbo on... anything?

What's the difference between a set of 18" Volks on an Accord as opposed to a set of 15" Cragars on a Nova?

It's just different. The old-school people don't appreciate the newschool... ever. Eventually, WE will be the oldschool... kids with souped up electric cars will look at the gas powered dinosaurs, wondering why we hate their hobbies... grouping the import tuners of the 90s and 00s with the muscle cars and hotrods that we're looking back at now.

And what will we be saying? A car isn't cool unless it makes noise. What does an electric car do, hum louder? "Kids today... they add a few resistors, get juiced up batteries, and they're running 3s. I remember when I had to pay 3x what my car was worth just to run 12s!" Then we'll rock back in our rocking chairs, spit off the porch, and continue reading our wrinkled, crumbling, ancient copies of Honda Tuning magazine.

Yes, and there was no difference from a timeframe reference point of view. Hot Rod and Muscle Car owners were viewed the same way then, that we are now. It will change, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    Yes, and there was no difference from a timeframe reference point of view. Hot Rod and Muscle Car owners were viewed the same way then, that we are now. It will change, I agree.
                    It all changes over time which is what I find interesting now with us in NZ being labeled as "Boyracers" (not sure if others get this as well)
                    Someone racees down the street and has an accident and because the car has got a set of 17's and the driver is under 25, there is public uproar over "Boyracers"
                    My foreman tells me of times back in the day where he would throw O's in his V8 Torana In the middle of the Main street in town. No-one cared, and the cops diddn't police it so much.
                    He did a burnout right in front of a cop one time, Got pulled over, and told the cop his throttle stuck open and he had his foot on the brake to stop the car from taking off The cop looked at it (It was all OK) and just told him to go home.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      This was his first post in the entire thread, way back on page 1. There was nothing to provoke him prior to this post, therefore your judgement is flawed.

This was his 3rd post, which is the one you just posted. That is an instigating post no matter which way you cut it. He thinks he is cunning, but people pick up on it, they respond, he gets but hurt and starts talking about how much faster his car is and blah blah blah down it goes. It isn't new or mysterious it happens in EVERY thread he ever posts in. Had he stopped at the cop thing, it might have passed, only because there is a SMALL degree of truth to his statement, although it is NOT a valid blanket statment. But he didn't. He had to throw the sticker and JDM thing in there, which is CLEARLY a veiled attack on imports, which is clearly geared toward Honda given the nature of the site. It is also mildly irritating, because the person making fun of "stickers" has a "Superman" sticker on his own car.

This is the post of Deev's that you refer to. It apparently didn't work, because on the very next page, this is sparkies next post, with absolutely no prior response or involvement from anyone in this thread.

So really, since nobody was responding in anyway shape or form, or bashing on him, who was really instigating who? I watch everything he says, and I don't respond until his frail little ego gets bruised and he feels the need to start trying to prove how fast he is on the internet, which leads to nothing but flaming and pages and pages of B.S. Usually, when I get involved, everyone else stays out of it, so that the flaming is controlled by me. Eventually, he gets tired of arguing, and shuts up for awhile. A week or two later, we do it all over again, when he is feeling like he needs to boost himself up. As they say, history repeats itself, and this is nothing new. We used to go through it when he had a Honda. All the time.

If you want to verify my claim, you are more than welcome to search through all of his posts. I don't discriminate. If he is being legit, and someone else bags on him first, I take care of them. But you can probably count on 1 hand the number of times that has happened, vs the other side where HE is instigating.

Personally, I would have banned him a long time ago for being a constant irritant. But Deev doesn't want to, and it is his board, so he stays.

We have tons of other people on this board that own other cars besides a CB7 or a Honda, and they seem to get along just fine. But they don't act like this.

I'm getting sick of it as well. Done.

Comment

the hate comes from misinfomation & ignorants on both side.

misinformed owners that think there stock honda (or close to stock) is a race car.
                        and ignorant haters who think that hondas have no performance value.

and as far as the spark thing
                        i use to wonder why he got so much heat. hell..... a one point i even try to back him. i thought it was wierd how he'd build something, clam it's the best ever. then move to some else, and trash ever body else who did what he had built previously.

but i let it go.....till the evo thread and then the SRT-4 shit.

then i was like this SOB need a kick in the head. i know deev know him personaly and that the most likely the only reason he's still here.

i'm grew up on the block. there's no way you'd live to my block, clam your with us. then move across town..... clam there set, and bag on your old set. and expect to come back to friendly faces and open arms.
                        Last edited by sulimed; 04-01-2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I demand a group hug

Or else....

Comment

** Huggin**
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                              I demand a group hug

Or else....
                              i'm more of a hand shake kinda guy

Comment

LOL, B dad is like my dad. he doesnt like foreign cars, he constantly calls my car a lawnmower on steriods!!! hahahahaha
                                Arcadia Green Crew #48
                                Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
                                My Transformer on myspace
                                Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
                                Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
                                RPM we the best!!!
                                Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
                                93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
                                92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
                                93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
                                Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X