Soda cans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soda cans...

Have you ever thought about these things? I mean, you put money into a machine. You get a can of soda (or pop, if you're from one of those areas of the country... ) You pop the cap, put your mouth on the can, and consume the liquid inside as it rushes over the lip of the can.

Now, where has that can been? Why are you putting your mouth on it? Why are you drinking the liquid that is washing whatever is on that can into your mouth? How many dozens of people have touched the exact spot that you're drinking from? How many of them were clean? Where have the cans been stored? Have they previously been covered in a layer of dust in a warehouse somewhere?

As I sit here drinking my Acme brand Black Cherry... I can't help but wonder these things. And wonder why I continue to drink.

I suppose it hasn't killed me yet!

P.S. - My can is sticky.

Originally posted by deevergote
    I suppose it hasn't killed me yet!
    nuff said
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

must be the same reason why i lick elevator buttons. now that gets you a rock solid immune system.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
        must be the same reason why i lick elevator buttons. now that gets you a rock solid immune system.
        hahahaha!
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I clean the lip of the can before I drink. lol

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well 95% of cans are recycled. If the alloys when melted dont dissolve bacteria at the heat damn then I dunno what to say. But most likely it does. There is an article about drinking out of cans vs bottles. Cans can cause memory loss or something like that. I forgot it was published a while back. But the only way you are gettin crud from another persons mouth on your can is if they decide to wipe some love juice on there or something wasnt sorted through the cleaning process. But when they get recycled they get heated up at high temps to wher the aluminum turns into liquid I am pretty sure that takes away most of the germs unless you have like super aids or something. But I always wipe the lip before drinking.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm just talking about what the cans go through after they're filled... Like the individual cans you get from a machine. (boxed cans are much cleaner, I'm sure)

Comment

You know, I ask myself the same questions every time I'm with your mom.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                  You know, I ask myself the same questions every time I'm with your mom.
                  BURN!!!!

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Seriously, they're stored in warehouses and stuff. I bet all kinda stuff gets on them.

Comment

After the lid is crimped, the only human contact the can gets is when the cans are sorted into cartons and when at the shops, the handler either sorts the can on the shelves or sorts it into the vending machine. 2 human touches.

If you buy the whole carton, then youre the first to touch the can after it exits the cannery.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        I clean the lip of the can before I drink. lol
                        same here
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

at work...rats would nest in vending machines...also soda machines...

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

the top of my coke can in tijuana smelled like rat piss. i still drank it :o however late that week i got diahhrea from some tacos
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Wiping them off should be sufficient.

Most bacteria has a very limited shelf life outside of a host, therefore, they should be mostly dead by the time you would even get the can.

Not to mention the fact that they are stored in those machines at low temperatures, which is usually not conducive to bateria/viral survival anyway.

Take HIV for instance. I forget the exact time, but I believe it was within an hour or so that HIV will be dead if it is not in a host of some kind. HEP-C on the other hand has been found weeks later, so it depends on what you are dealing with.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X