Question for me NE and Canadians tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for me NE and Canadians tuners

Is there something you can put on your windshield so that the snow doesnt stick to it?m My mother-in-law is in Canada right now and she is wanting to know whats a quick fix. She said that her windshield washer fluid is frozen so that doesnt help much. Thanks in advance
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

i use my windsheild wipers

and when that doesnt work i get out and scrape it off.

Comment

I think they sell wiper fluid for cold areas. & look for rainX products. I think they have snow stuff too

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

yea i think rainx does have something for snow.

ive never had windsheild washers. my pump always acted up on me so i just ditched the whole system. 8 years of winter like that and it was fine for me. the only time it sucks is when the road is covered in wet dirt/mud cause it gets kicked up and sticks.

Comment

ice scrapper dude...scrape it when you get in your car, keep the defroster on max(dosnt have to be hot air..) and a lil washer fluid every now and then...keep your wipers on..and your good as gold...was snowing today...i should know this
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

ya I agree with the above. scrape your windshield before you go, and keep the defroster on. Thats what I do and it works. I dont have a windshield washer either, my pump is shot. Just some good winter wiper blades and scrape that ice off before you go anywhere.

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Tell her to lift her windshield wipers up if shes gonna be leaving her car for an extended period of time....It helps if it snows cuz the snow and ice dont form on the rubber part of the wiper making it easier to clean the windshield.

Like this:

Also i think rainx makes windshield washer fluid that helps make stuff not stick....but its like 5 bux and I aint gonna spend that on windshield washer fluid lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Put a tarp or something on the windshield, so when she comes out in the morning, she can just pull the tarp off.

Comment

All good tips.... Leave up the wipers.

Become good friends with the ice scraper.

Defrosters on full hot.

RainX is a god send!

Comment

i run the RainX washer fluid during the winter time then come spring time i just run the system until it's near empty and then i replace it with the regular blue stuff.

the RainX stuff should only be like a 1.75 or so at Wally World(Walmart)

Comment

Lift up the wipers and put an old bath towel across the windsheild. it will absorb the water that was defrosted and freeze up. tuck it into the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkrampant
                        Lift up the wipers and put an old bath towel across the windsheild. it will absorb the water that was defrosted and freeze up. tuck it into the doors.

that's a good little trick.

But, what if it get's cold/wet enough and it gets frozen to your windshield?

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                        X