Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What keeps you going?

Everyone has goals.
    We all want to accomplish something, but sometimes we need something to keep us pushing through the daily grind to get there.
    For me, right now, since I hurt my shoulder and can't do any work on my new car, I have to resort to watching other people's "success" by way of the glorious internet.
    I'm going to be doing an RB240. So whenever I wake up and don't feel like going to work, or want to spend money on other things (like god for bid, fixing the brakes on my accord or eating.)... I watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwXfVFEMFI

Ignore his not so grand driving abilities.
    Savor the oh so orgasmic sound of that inline six as it consumes the souls of small children to fuel it's insatiable thirst for octane.

So my question to you is this:

What is it you're working for, and what keeps you on target with that goal?
    and it doesn't neccessarily have to be about cars.

Mine.
    "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
    "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

I drive my CB7. As much as I dream about... hell... dozens of other cars... my tired old CB7, which is in need of a TON of attention, always puts a smile on my face.

I literally drive 10-12 hours for work a few days a week. Today, I did 13. I've done as many as 15. What do I do to unwind after 10+ hours driving the GTP? I hop in the CB7 and go for a ride

It frustrates me because I don't currently have the money to do what needs to be done to the car. I'm about to pull it off the road, fix up my hatchback, and drive that instead... HOPEFULLY giving me the time and money to get the CB7 where I want it.

Still, even in it's current condition... crappy tires, returning rust, dirty worn interior, lousy sound system, bad alignment, worn brakes, wonky front end, an engine that's beginning to resemble Jesse the dog from Family Guy (the creepy old guy's dog... with 2 working legs... he keeps going, but he's nearing the end!) Yeah... even like that... it makes me happy. The feel of the seat. The smell of the car (mixed with the funk of old take-out sushi...). The sound of the too-loud exhaust. The feel of the shifter (beats the hell out of an automatic, even if it does grind in 3rd and 5th!)... its just... Home.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      I drive my CB7. As much as I dream about... hell... dozens of other cars... my tired old CB7, which is in need of a TON of attention, always puts a smile on my face.

I literally drive 10-12 hours for work a few days a week. Today, I did 13. I've done as many as 15. What do I do to unwind after 10+ hours driving the GTP? I hop in the CB7 and go for a ride

It frustrates me because I don't currently have the money to do what needs to be done to the car. I'm about to pull it off the road, fix up my hatchback, and drive that instead... HOPEFULLY giving me the time and money to get the CB7 where I want it.

Still, even in it's current condition... crappy tires, returning rust, dirty worn interior, lousy sound system, bad alignment, worn brakes, wonky front end, an engine that's beginning to resemble Jesse the dog from Family Guy (the creepy old guy's dog... with 2 working legs... he keeps going, but he's nearing the end!) Yeah... even like that... it makes me happy. The feel of the seat. The smell of the car (mixed with the funk of old take-out sushi...). The sound of the too-loud exhaust. The feel of the shifter (beats the hell out of an automatic, even if it does grind in 3rd and 5th!)... its just... Home.
      I like your description of the motor. Sounds like mine before the swap.

I hear you though, it's nice getting off work, hopping in the accord, and taking the long, un-needed highway run home, just to unwind and blow off some built up steam.

By the way, aren't you planning on doing a RWD conversion on the hatch?

Mine.
      "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat

Comment

I inspire you duh lol.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          I inspire you duh lol.
          Only because you're asian.

Mine.

Comment

that drift at 2:25 was beautiful!

His skills? Ha...like to see someone else with as much/little exp. do as well or better. Most folks don't realize HOW MUCH practice it takes to get good at drift...or any style. Just cause you built the car doesn't mean you're going to be able to use that build to its full potential...at first

So to answer the question...
            I want more...better...and I want to be the one responsible for that. I want to build with my own hands my life...my car...and my experiences. That's what keeps me going.

Will I ever be satisfied? Well considering finances hell no...if that were out of the way...maybe maybe not. The day I stop will be the day I die, I will always want to try and find a better way.
            ____

Comment

i should have thought about this question while i was in school for engineering. i just gave up because i hated academics.

now working in a machine shop, what keeps me going is i want to practice and get better at machinging and engine building so that my race motor will make my goal. ill try at my goal via ITB's and tuning however if too much time and money is involved than it is worth, ill probably call it quits.

the money keeps me going, it is not a lot of money but im hoping i can make enough to survive on my own.

im hoping i can help educate the rest of the cb7tuners on here with what i learn along the way.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                that drift at 2:25 was beautiful!

His skills? Ha...like to see someone else with as much/little exp. do as well or better. Most folks don't realize HOW MUCH practice it takes to get good at drift...or any style. Just cause you built the car doesn't mean you're going to be able to use that build to its full potential...at first

So to answer the question...
                I want more...better...and I want to be the one responsible for that. I want to build with my own hands my life...my car...and my experiences. That's what keeps me going.

Will I ever be satisfied? Well considering finances hell no...if that were out of the way...maybe maybe not. The day I stop will be the day I die, I will always want to try and find a better way.
                It's mostly his throttle control that bothers me. he has it at the end, but the beginning is obnoxious how he seems to just mash the gas pedal and bounce off the rev-limiter.

I like your way of doing things.
                Takes a lot of commitment and determination.

Mine.

Comment

Go to drift practices. We have them every few weeks up here in mineral wells. You just go there and practice practice practice. I am pretty sure you have events down there.

Wedek: Seems like you have contributed quite a bit of your findings at the machine shop to this board. Pretty ballin. I wished I could machine but I just cant haha. My dad is trying to get me to work on CAD and Solid works so I can design stuff in the future.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Go to drift practices. We have them every few weeks up here in mineral wells. You just go there and practice practice practice. I am pretty sure you have events down there.

Wedek: Seems like you have contributed quite a bit of your findings at the machine shop to this board. Pretty ballin. I wished I could machine but I just cant haha. My dad is trying to get me to work on CAD and Solid works so I can design stuff in the future.
                    Oh trust me, I'm going to be going to all the practice events I can once my build is ready for it.
                    I want to do one of the HPDE's (a "performance driving school event") they have in Texas to get a better understanding of some things, but obviously I need the 240 up and running first.

Mine.

Comment

cocaine keeps me going.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

we have a customer who goes to stanford and he designs on a program named mastercam. he then sends the info from master cam to the CNC and BAM! product is produced.

that reminds me, i need to start working on his motor soon :o
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That guy's skills were decent... at the end, he really showed his stuff... very nice angle, and he held it. I saw one amateur drift event at Honda Day a few years back, and the majority of those guys were pathetic (there were a few that were decent... none as good as that guy)

And yeah, the hatch may go RWD eventually... depends on the timeframe now. I have a rebuilt motor going in. Next will be OBD1 and turbo. If I want to continue with it, RWD. However, by that time, I may just get a Skyline, Starion, Miata, or something else with a non-FWD drivetrain!

We'll see how attached to the hatchback I get! I promised to Pat that I wouldn't let it go to crap, and I WILL do some serious mods to it before I even consider letting it go... when it goes, it's either going back to him, or on to someone that will care for it equally as much.

Comment

what keeps me going? i keep at it cause i know at the end itll all be worth the blank looks on all the hater faces when i fly pastem and i just cant get my accord outta my head i keep thinking about her i just want her to be then beast i have in my mind she wants to be lol

lol at the drifter at 2:58

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

what keeps me going?...life...trying to figure out why im here and alive. Also reaching my goals is what makes me wake up every morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X