This shop done fuckeded up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with wed3k.

Lift up that bitchs skirt get me a new vette refund my m oney AND mod the new vette.

Comment

That is really fucked up.

But good riddance, that Vette was an automatic.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

hold on tight!

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
          That is really fucked up.

But good riddance, that Vette was an automatic.
          LOL.

an interesting tidbit though. The owner of that car was a female... don't see many females driving blown vettes.

I read the whole thing through and on the last page the owner states his case.. seems like he tried legitimately to meet her needs.

Comment

Who cares if its an auto, Run your car against an auto vette and you'll understand.
            They get down even if it is an automatic.

Either way, its supercharged none the less. id be in jail for a murder if this were my car.
            -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
            newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
            newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
            newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

wow if this was my car i think id be crying while beating someones ass down
              you just dont do that shit

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                I read the whole thing through and on the last page the owner states his case.. seems like he tried legitimately to meet her needs.
                X2.

I realize it's easy to go bashing the shop owner, but when you read the last page, he posts his side of the story, about how he offered to pay $40k, plus free labor for taking all salvageable mods off the totaled car and installing them on the new one. I guess the problem arose when the $40k didn't cover a new Vette, or maybe some mods weren't salvageable? Maybe the shop owner felt the woman didn't deserve a new car (wanted to replace it with a comparable used one), but the owner felt she did deserve a new one. I dunno, we could hypothesize all day and not get anywhere.

What amazes me, is that the guy that wrecked it apparently had his daughter in the car at the time (maybe I mis-read it?)...that says something about his responsibility/maturity level right there, because he had to be going considerably over the speed limit, with his daughter in the car, in a car that isn't even his.
                Last edited by cjv998; 02-05-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

DAMN! ive met some of these guys to.... they seem like pretty stand up guys. thats bout as rediculous as it gets though, i pass by that place all the time too

i think that shop could use a good egging

Comment

It sucks for the shop owner, but honestly... the car was in his possession. It was his responsibility to keep it safe. It was not in his right to allow his employee to drive the car for any reason other than testing (and taking his daughter to school is NOT testing).

The owner deserves to have the EXACT same car replaced. Fixing something you fucked up isn't "free" labor... She should pay the cost of the ordered upgrades. The shop (and their insurance) should pay to replace the car with one identical to the one that was brought to the shop initially.

Comment

She owned and bought a used car.. It is irrelevant how much she owes on the car or if she wants a new car. $40000 for a replacement car plus the labor to transfore mods is more then enough in reimbursement. (its a 2005 vette .. Its worth <40k stock)

Comment

The value of the car wrecked shouldn't come into play... what matters is putting things back as they were before the incident... which is the responsibility of the shop owner.

It wasn't an accident. It wasn't a situation where a drunk driver hit the car while it was parked in an otherwise safe place in the shop's lot. The damage done to the car was a DIRECT result of the carelessness of the shop owner and his staff.

If it was a freak accident, one that had nothing to do with the shop owner's decisions, then he wouldn't be at fault. If it was a result of the modifications after the fact (blown engine), and carelessness couldn't be proven, then the shop owner wouldn't be at fault (that's an assumed risk on the owner... modify a car, and you decrease reliability). This is different. Had the mechanic not driven it, had the owner not allowed it to be driven, the accident wouldn't have happened.

Comment

Sucks for the person after buying that car. Hope she can get everything resolved. But that shop is responsible for shit like that and I am pretty sure she can get something on the owner lending out the car w/o permission from the original owner.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            The value of the car wrecked shouldn't come into play... what matters is putting things back as they were before the incident... which is the responsibility of the shop owner.

It wasn't an accident. It wasn't a situation where a drunk driver hit the car while it was parked in an otherwise safe place in the shop's lot. The damage done to the car was a DIRECT result of the carelessness of the shop owner and his staff.

If it was a freak accident, one that had nothing to do with the shop owner's decisions, then he wouldn't be at fault. If it was a result of the modifications after the fact (blown engine), and carelessness couldn't be proven, then the shop owner wouldn't be at fault (that's an assumed risk on the owner... modify a car, and you decrease reliability). This is different. Had the mechanic not driven it, had the owner not allowed it to be driven, the accident wouldn't have happened.

exactly. . . . 40k buy the same car you had and the mods will be transformed for free... If she got a brand new car she would be making out. She never had a new car why give her one.

Put it this way if someone crashed your accord would you expect a 2008/2009

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              id demand a new vette and a banging of the daughter regardless of what age she is.
                              LMAO, i would want the new zo6 vette

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                id demand a new vette and a banging of the daughter regardless of what age she is.
                                lmfao......

if this was to happen to my car ill go crazy.....ill fuken flip out.....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X