• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This shop done fuckeded up...

A copy of the thread for the lazy.
    Hi everyone!

MY CAR BEFORE BEING TAKEN TO CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

CUSTOM BODY BY CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

Now that I have gotten your attention, I would like to share the story of my plight in getting modifications done at Carolina Auto Masters (CAM for short) in Durham, NC. In August of 2007, I purchased a pristine blown 2005 C6 Coupe. After driving it a couple of months, I decided to uprgrade my cam, add methanol injection, and have the car given a once over by Jeff Creech who is the owner of CAM. On November 6, 2007, I drove to Durham to discuss this with Jeff, and after taking him and his crew to a local eatery, I decided to entrust him with the job. At this time, I gave him the keys and returned home. He kept me updated every couple of weeks. Finally, on November 27, Jeff contacted me and said that all of the work was completed and the car was ready for pickup. Although I was eager to get the car back, because of job responsibilities, I was unable to pick up the car until December 4, 2007. However, this was never to occur, as on November 29, Jeff contacted me and said that an employee of the shop had a "little fender bender" with my car. At this time, he said that he was in Charlotte at a track and was tuning a performance car for a race; he said he would contact me with details once he got back to Durham. The next day, he contacted me to say that the car was in poorer shape, but it could still be fixed. Subsequently, I was in contact with a large dealership body shop in Durham, and the body shop manager told me that he really did not know where to start on this car - it has about 40 to 50 thousand dollars in damage. With that said, I traveled back to Durham to assess it myself. During this time, Jeff Creech was contacted and said he would make everything right, but "...please don't post anything on any forum, as it would ruin my business." Well, I was promised everything by Jeff from making the car payment while the car info was sent to his insurance (his insurance only offered me payoff on my loan) to himself providing free labor (as long as I provide another car and buy all of the modification parts at my own expense). My only intent was to get my car back in the shape that is was prior to delivering it to Jeff Creech. Between Jeff saying "...well, I will just put a bullet in my brain.." to "...I am not a rich man and cannot provide you with another car like that...(although, he has 6 cars at my last count, including a 60 something convertible Firebird, a 2002 Z06 with a C5R racing engine, and others), I've had enough of his empty promises and hot air. To this day, I have not seen any monetary provisions from Jeff for what he and Terry Coley (the mechanic who wrecked my car) did to my car. Also, what is really funny is that initially Jeff denied all responsibility and said Terry took the car without his permission. After Terry said that he would provide witnesses to Jeff telling him that he could take the car for the weekend, Jeff magically changes his story.

With all of this said, I know that there are a number of you that have done business with Jeff Creech. When he was asked to why he would even think about giving someone free gratis in driving a customer's car without the owner's EXPLICIT permission, he told me that he often returns cars back to his customers with up to 500 miles put on them. I hope all of you knew this. He stated that he "..didn't want to be an a**hole" to Terry since Terry did all of the work to our car and Terry begged him to drive the car and enjoy the work that he did. I know that this is long-winded, but I hope that I can save some of you from the grief that he has put me through. By the way, Jeff's employee was also given a ticket by the NC State Trooper at the scene of the accident for "exceeding safe speed".

Here is a link to all of aftermath pictures:
    http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...naautomasters/
    and the original thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211

I read about that a week ago, She(the owner) is going on all the LS1/Vette/GTO forums warning people about the shop.

Also the guy who "borrowed" the car was driving his daughter to school which was some 30 miles away.
    Last edited by Frazzums; 02-04-2008, 08:52 PM.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
    ----
    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

after a crash like I would expect nothing but a brand new car...
      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
        A copy of the thread for the lazy.

and the original thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211

i would be fucking pissed
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

heads will roll if this shit happend to me wtf.
          my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
          MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

i would be really pissed id sue that shop in a heart beat if they didnt buy me a new car

also if the tech wanted to try out his work hes should have "asked the owner take him for a spin in it"
            Last edited by almostJDM; 02-04-2008, 09:44 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
              i would be really pissed id sue that shop in a heart beat if they didnt buy me a new car

x2 sue them for every penny they got
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read. Sucks for the owner.
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

hell yea.
                  my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                  MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Oh my god that makes me cry. Words can't describe how pissed I would be. A new car wouldn't even be able to cover it....unless it was that EXACT same car (all mods and everything) or better.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

wow did yall see the rim, how it was snapped ?
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

more then likely just the force of the impact cause the rim to snap

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Wow....

That is FUCKED up man...not cool.

Comment

id demand a new vette and a banging of the daughter regardless of what age she is.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              id demand a new vette and a banging of the daughter regardless of what age she is.
                              for sho. id also whip out my samurai sword and put the hurt on

Comment

Working...
                              X