Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS2 Emulators... anyone give em a shot yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Emulators... anyone give em a shot yet?

I just started messing with PCSX2 v0.9.4. My friend is currently borrowing my PS2, and I want to see if I can get a game working on my laptop (which has more graphics capability than my desktop)

So far, I can get some stuff working... but I haven't been able to get a game going yet. I can boot the bios, and I can get it to read a disc (but only showing what it's doing on a black screen... not actually displaying anything)

So far, it's kinda fun. I'm hoping I can actually play something with my current hardware!

didnt know they were even out yet.
    but since you mentioned you havent even played a game, maybe its just starting

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

There are quite a few games that are playable. I managed to get FFX running fairly slowly on system... Supposedly that's one that is able to run quite well.

Comment

Let me know if you get it to work, I tired this a few years back and nobody had any answers for me.
        wat?

Comment

I think I may have reached the limits of my system It DOES work, and if i wanted to play FFX at 20fps, I could probably do it... I suppose I'll have to dump some money into the ol' PC sometime in the future!

Comment

I remember when there were rumors that the psp would be hacked and you could play it on your modded box. Then I found out they were just rumors it mad me
            F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
            My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
            Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

To hack one console to be played on another... yeah... that'd be harder than making a PC emulator. The PSP should be emulated soon enough, though. There's already a DS emulator or two out there (not that it's a very difficult system to emulate... it's not much more than a GBA with a touch screen)

Comment

well the psp is an only slightly enhanced version of the psone so I can't figure out why they couldnt make it work though I do remember most of the psone games had too high a frame rate for the xboxs ram to handle. no ff on modded boxs unless its og ff *cry*

MY RIDE

vouches:
                Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Comment

PS1 emulation is damn near perfect, though. Even with my REALLY outdated PC, I can play most games at acceptable speed (with decent graphics and sound).

Comment

search noob

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                      search noob

are you talking to me holms

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

imagine a 360 or ps3 emulator and running on our computers. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOWWWWWWWWWWW or the blue screen.

Comment

Yeah, the new systems would kill a current PC configuration. It's cool to see that PS2 is doable though. There are lots of games I'd like to play on an emulator!

I still prefer playing GT2 on an emulator than on the actual console.

Comment

Working...
                          X