well i spent $2K on my car tonight ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    As for the motor... you were running it on a basemap? There's no such thing as an "unstable" basemap... they're ALL unstable. NO motor should be run solely on a basemap. The only purpose of such a thing is to get the engine running so it can be tuned.

I've seen more motors blown because people thought a basemap was like a "stock tune" for a turbo motor Tuning isn't always to pull out optimal power... it's to prevent THAT from happening..

well.. it wasn't a base map per say.. because the base map we had was really shitty so we had tried to adjust a few things according to reading and talking to a few known tunning ppl although we were still warned. it had been running on that map for a while and we had run it hard on the map before. i think we had something just slightly out of adjustment and with time the motor just didn't hold up. this just teaches up not to fuck with things not fully understood.. but like trickedaccord said.. "the way i look at it dont race and do stupid shit unless you can afford to pay for it later ... lol " .

lesson learned..and a few hours of getting down and dirty once more. LOL

not trying to make excuses but just trying to give the full explanation as tricked didn't mention those things...

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
    X