Anyone with Moped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with Moped?

Gas prices are ridiculous... I'm planning on getting a moped once spring comes around. The Civic will be used for out of town trips(~60mpg!!...no AC though ), and hopefully the Accord(if I ever find another one) will be used for weekend racing.

Just wondering, anyone on the board whipping a moped? lol, seriously. I plan on getting one but don't really know what to look for. My commute to work is roughly 15miles and I need to travel at a rate of ~65mph.

Any suggestions? No motorcycles! I'd probably get one in the future but a moped is more realistic for me.
    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

I have contemplated getting one...

Not only cuz of gas prices, but just less mess. 1 person. 1 seat, 1 headlight, etc...

They have a low sex-appeal, and im not sure how easy they are to jack, like anyone would want to, but if i had the extra cash, id seriously think about it

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

not bad... but look at the safty wise.

i doubt a moped will maintain speeds on a hiway good or safe enough for that.

i say keep your civic and budget your money accordently. buying a moped and the costs and the headaches u have basically gonna be same as having a moped.

now unless u live in a city like new york then moped rules!
      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Not worried about sex appeal, already have a girlfriend. She can ride if she wants to.

Thinking of this: Yamaha Zuma

I like the way it looks, but has a 49cc engine. Is that enough for hitting 60mph?

They had bigger ones, but cost like $5000. I'm not spending that much on a freaking moped/scooter.
        Last edited by K2e2vin; 01-25-2008, 03:26 AM.
        -Kevin

Comment

This has a larger engine, 80cc. Honda something:
          -Kevin

Comment

That Yahamma is sexier than that honda.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
            ----
            02 Pontiac Firebird W68
            92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

bleh I want one too but they are kinda $$ for the ones you want that go fast enough I mean if you only had to drive like in town I would say go for it but your drive is a bit far for a moped.
              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Dude! I have a 1979 Vespa. Its got a 175 cc motor and I still get 75 mpg I keep pace with traffic no worries. Check the other automotive thread and see for yourself and pm me if you have any ?'s

Comment

Dude! Mopeds and underbone bikes (<150cc) rule the roads here.

I used to ride a 125cc 2-stroke and it was fast. easily maxes out at 160km/h.

oooh yeah.

safety? ppfffttt..

Fuel consumption? who needs a hybrid?

and parts are cheap too.

it looks like this.

mad skillz.
                  Last edited by blizzard335; 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Yea I see a lot of those types of mopeds in Viet nam and other SE Asian countries, but we don't have those types of mopeds here in the US.

I might check out the Vespa, sounds like it'll fit my needs. Only problem is I'd prefer something new or new-ish so there's a lower chance of it breaking down on me.
                    Pulled over on the side of the road with a moped= embarrassing. lol.
                    -Kevin

Comment

The Piaggio company Makes the vespas still new! you can get a modern looking one or the stellas are old skool looking right off the lot! Either Way you can't go wrong with a vespa

Comment

a 50cc is not legal on the hw in the US, any moped isnt i think.

scooters are ballin' around town.if you go to europe they are scooter infested.they start from 50 to 175cc normally.my cousing in greece has a 175 SLEEVED to something like 195cc lol...i was there when he was building it, his piston cost 15 euros, which is like a lil over 20 dollars...mad cheap to modify.
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Don't confuse moped with scooter. Nothing pictured so far has pedals.
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Vespas are illegal in Cali
                            They will not "Smog"
                            No new Vespas are allowed to enter Cali, just the old ones can stay
                            Your man for wiring solutions!
                            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Ruckus anyone? Much less fruity than a traditional moped scooter....
                              www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Working...
                              X