finding a career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding a career?

Ok so school is really close to being out and im still not sure what I want to do. lol but my question is can you get a good job with computers with out going to a 4 yr college or anything?

Im already almost microsoft certified, I am certified in Word,Powerpoint, and Excel. And I have taking drafting and engineering for like 3 years now. So I have some computer experience. Is that something a employeer would look for?

Any help would be great so I can kinda plan in the right direction lol

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Go to college, trust me. Whichever college it may be, 4 year, 2 year, technical, nursery, doesnt matter. Go. Take out loans if you have to.

Unless you know someone that can get you a good job, you won't get a good job. Not at first anyways. it will take a long time to work up the ladder.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

my bro has some certifications from high school, since he went to a technical high school. right now he works for Proctor and Gamble (paper rolling company) he fixes the computers there. he doesnt work for them really, he works for a subcontracting company. he makes like almost 11 bucks an hour. he says, someday in the next 2-3 years he wants to be Cisco certified. so that he could make more. without colleage, you dont make alot of money.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Yea, a 2 year or technical college would pretty much cover that. But you'd be more than qualified with an 4 year degree....
        My Black "H"
        AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          Go to college, trust me. Whichever college it may be, 4 year, 2 year, technical, nursery, doesnt matter. Go. Take out loans if you have to.

Unless you know someone that can get you a good job, you won't get a good job. Not at first anyways. it will take a long time to work up the ladder.

lol.....if you're a go getter....you'll succeed.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Most people that are go getters wouldn't make a thread like this tho. They'd be gettin er done.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

true true......
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Most people that are go getters wouldn't make a thread like this tho. They'd be gettin er done.

exactly lol... jk ..

well i was thinking a tech. school. but here is the thing why I am kinda skeptical about working with computers, because I could go get a job making 18 an hour with my dad at the county, or I could go get into plumbing with my uncle and friend and get my journymens (spelling) license.

but i figure with computers I could make more than both those jobs by just working with computers.

New people click here

Comment

Gettin er done!? lol when did you become hick? (jkjk, not hatin' on 4x4ers).
                  Dude Kelton, you honestly should do somthin after highschool. Otherwise you'll have to go work back at the BK lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
                    Ok so school is really close to being out and im still not sure what I want to do. lol but my question is can you get a good job with computers with out going to a 4 yr college or anything?

Im already almost microsoft certified, I am certified in Word,Powerpoint, and Excel. And I have taking drafting and engineering for like 3 years now. So I have some computer experience. Is that something a employeer would look for?

Any help would be great so I can kinda plan in the right direction lol
                    1) Work at a golf club being a caddy to rich executives.

2) Let them know how good you are at computers.

3) Let them hire you to deal with the tedium of computer technology.

4) Get paid a 6 figure salary to "fix" a laser printer...I mean change its toner. <---Metaphorically of course

4) Have fun.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

exactly lol... jk ..

well i was thinking a tech. school. but here is the thing why I am kinda skeptical about working with computers, because I could go get a job making 18 an hour with my dad at the county, or I could go get into plumbing with my uncle and friend and get my journymens (spelling) license.

but i figure with computers I could make more than both those jobs by just working with computers.
                      Dude working with comps would own compared to working for the county.
                      Working hard compared to hardly working. lol

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                        Gettin er done!? lol when did you become hick? (jkjk, not hatin' on 4x4ers).
                        Dude Kelton, you honestly should do somthin after highschool. Otherwise you'll have to go work back at the BK lounge.

Hell no man... not going back to burger king.. lol I wasted 8 monthes of my life working there.. lol

New people click here

Comment

Hell no man... not going back to burger king.. lol I wasted 8 monthes of my life working there.. lol
                          You worked there 8 months!? Dang man.

Comment

A friend of mine at work, her son graduated from UW ( I think ) 4 year degree. Was hired at Microsoft like 2 years ago and is making $80k. That was starting.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I think microsoft is probally a little out of my league lol.. it would be nice though

New people click here

Comment

Working...
                              X