Should i take my car on a 10 hr drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i take my car on a 10 hr drive?

Im going on vacation next week. I live in lexington, KY and want to go to Hilton Head Island, SC. A rental would be over 300 bucks for me, and a hotel is about the same. So, instead of paying 650 ish for both, im thinking about driving the accord there and back. Its got 224,000 miles on it but it still runs strong, Knock on wood. I just had all the belts, seals, and gaskets, plus the timing belt and water pump replaced. New tires and allignment, and a/c service. I think i will do it, but i was just wondering what you all thought, its a 93 ex, and i love it and all, im just afraid something might go wrong.
    comments, questions? thanks.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

what would possibly go wrong that wouldn't possibly go wrong with any other car?

my vote's for taking your car.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

have faith my friend..

Comment

My car's got over 200k. Just took a roadtrip to Vegas and Grand Canyon in the same weekend. (1300+ miles) in 100+ degree weather with the A/C blastin'

Refer to thermometer:

If you've been maintaining your car, you shouldn't have much of a problem.
        Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

yeah do it man. its not gonna die. My car has 270 and still going nice pics usc

Comment

Do it.. driving is the best, and rental cars cost too much. I drove my accord after being totalled from michigan to florida in 20 hours.. didnt let me down. Thats about 1400 miles. A month ago was my 4th time w/no car trouble... kinda. My only problem was hitting an unidentified piece of something on the highway doing 90. about 2 hours later at a rest stop, my front tires were shredded(being about 2 weeks old). Whatever I hit knocked the alignment way out, and i had about 3 degrees of toe in on each front wheel.

Comment

Id get everything fixed on that car that needs to be fixed and change the oil take some with you down there some engine coolant spare fuses and bulbs and have tripple a's number and cellphone and you should be straight ohyeah radar pig detecter just incase

Comment

i drove mine about 8 hours over mountains, with four people and i have 204k on mine. seems to be running fine.. hwy driving is easier on it than town driving anyway. just check the fluids and all.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Yeah just gotta be careful around other people who cant drive ,then the cops and other shit in the middle of the road your not used too like roadkill,big rocks matresses lol little stuff like that.

Comment

fuck that, i drove 10 hours in a blizzard, so take ur car out for a 10hour drive in good weather damn it! hehe

Comment

so let it be written, so let it be done. i leave monday, wish me luck. thanks all.

Comment

stop by philly while ur at it.

Comment

left sunday night at midnight, drove 600 miles, got there, had lots of fun. left today, drove 600 more, lots of traffic, got home. didnt burn a drop of oil and purred like a kitten the whole way, i love the black warrior.
                          here we are at the beach

Last edited by chessboxer; 08-13-2004, 11:41 PM.

Comment

looks like fun man,glad to see the cbseven went flawless. looks like it was nice weather too.it sucks when a trip is spoiled by stormy weather.

Comment

go for it man!! and have fun no worries!!! mine, 275,xxx before going to vancouver from edmonton ( 13 hrs to there, 13 hrs back) 3,000 km for whole trip,thur alot of mountain and up and down hills. only thing suck is that i forgot my camara. but make sure u do an oil change before the trip. enjoy!
                              i love crurius control!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Working...
                              X