Other good honda forums? (civic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other good honda forums? (civic)

I really want an eg hatch. I was wondering if there are any good forums people know of (like this one... it's awesome for research and there are always people online) or any things I should look for specifically.

I actually want an e30... but not in the position for one.

Please don't flame against civics. There is a place for every car... yes even the pontiac aztec.
    Click for my ride thread.

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
    I really want an eg hatch. I was wondering if there are any good forums people know of (like this one... it's awesome for research and there are always people online) or any things I should look for specifically.

I actually want an e30... but not in the position for one.

Please don't flame against civics. There is a place for every car... yes even the pontiac aztec.
    get an e30. you wont regret it. if you get the m50 motor, its really boost friendly. 2 of my buddies have e30s and love them till death. i drove in a e30 race car, someday ill get an e30.

civics on the other hand, well theres to much of them.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
      get an e30. you wont regret it. if you get the m50 motor, its really boost friendly. 2 of my buddies have e30s and love them till death. i drove in a e30 race car, someday ill get an e30.

civics on the other hand, well theres to much of them.
      Yeah it's true about the civics, but I really like the cost effectiveness and the reliability and the light weight. I'm still in high school and I'm not allowed to get a job, but hte cb7 just isn't what I want so I'm starting to research about another car. I really like the idea of a quick (not monster) go cart like an eg hatch. The e30 is on another level, but finding a clean one and modding it nicely would take a lot more than the money I'll get from selling my cb. I dislike the cb for it's weight/size.

It's true the, e30 has 50/50 weight balance, nice interior, great motor choices, and amazing looks. One of the coolest cars from the late 80's early 90's in my opinion. I absolutely love them...

Comment

Now you are making me re think wanting an e30.

Anyone know anything about upkeep, repair, and mod costs for an e30? I know they are BMW's but is all the hype about how expensive they are true?

Comment

Dude you want a civic, get a civic,lol. Don't let him make you want a different car cuz it won't be what you wanted. You should get an ef. Then go here, http://www.ef-honda.com/
          My civic has never had anything go wrong with it for the 3 years I've had it. Only time it broke down was from modifying it. Even then, that was like one time. Good reliable and great gas milage. Plus just lower it and throw some wide tires and you have yourself a gokart.

Comment

make sure you do your research on the car. It can turn real ugly real fast with the older BMW's. I'm actually going to build one with an m52 swap for a graduation present to myself(E30 cabby w/ m52 2.8 liter motor. )The m50's are a bit heavier and once you swap them in, the 50/50 front rear ratio will be disturbed even more so than it would be with an m52.

Regardless in what you get have fun man.
            Last edited by Makaveli2k; 01-24-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
              make sure you do your research on the car. It can turn real ugly real fast with the older BMW's. I'm actually going to build one with an m52 swap for a graduation present to myself(E30 cabby w/ m52 2.8 liter motor. )The m50's are a bit heavier and once you swap them in, the 50/50 front rear ratio will be disturbed.

Yeah. But for a basic 325is 89 up are repair costs and maintenence issues really that bad? I mean would it be a mistake as my only car and not a lot of money instead of a civic. I like civics for their potential but I don't like them as cars. Kinda ugly and a bad rep.

I absolutely love e30's and always kinda have, but honda's stick out to me as a better, more economic, choice. I don't know if that's all too true though.

Comment

make sure you do your research on the car. It can turn real ugly real fast with the older BMW's. I'm actually going to build one with an m52 swap for a graduation present to myself(E30 cabby w/ m52 2.8 liter motor. )The m50's are a bit heavier and once you swap them in, the 50/50 front rear ratio will be disturbed.

X2. New cars are fun in general. You'll be happy whatever you get, just take your time and don't jump on the first one you come by. Go kick some tires,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                  Dude you want a civic, get a civic,lol. Don't let him make you want a different car cuz it won't be what you wanted. You should get an ef. Then go here, http://www.ef-honda.com/
                  My civic has never had anything go wrong with it for the 3 years I've had it. Only time it broke down was from modifying it. Even then, that was like one time. Good reliable and great gas milage. Plus just lower it and throw some wide tires and you have yourself a gokart.
                  I've always loved BMW's and the e30 is one of the best looking cars older than 15 years, I love the car.

I think civics arekind of ugly and have a bad rep. I'm not trying to offend you, I love them for their weight, potential, and fun factor I just don't love the overal package like I do the e30. The reliability of the e30 worries me though, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                    X2. New cars are fun in general. You'll be happy whatever you get, just take your time and don't jump on the first one you come by. Go kick some tires,lol.
                    Yeah, I still need to sell my cb or work on selling the cb and I need to get the Teins off and the stock back on.

e30 pro: balance, power, looks, interior, features, class (for some.)

civic pro: reliability, support, weight

Ahhh. If only I had a lot of money, I'd so grab an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                      Yeah. But for a basic 325is 89 up are repair costs and maintenence issues really that bad? I mean would it be a mistake as my only car and not a lot of money instead of a civic. I like civics for their potential but I don't like them as cars. Kinda ugly and a bad rep.

I absolutely love e30's and always kinda have, but honda's stick out to me as a better, more economic, choice. I don't know if that's all too true though.
                      things aren't really as expensive with the e30's as people think. Parts are plenty at junkyards but god sometimes those bastards used the gayest tools to assemble everything. I will say this though. If you plan on getting it as a DD don't cheap out. Fork out the money upfront for a good one with records. and take care of your maintenance and trips to the garage will not occur often.

forums.bimmerforums.com Take a look around say hello, these people are amazing there are many things well documented with awesome pictures on there. Look around for a Bentley manual on there and give it a look over.

Comment

things aren't really as expensive with the e30's as people think. Parts are plenty at junkyards but god sometimes those bastards used the gayest tools to assemble everything. I will say this though. If you plan on getting it as a DD don't cheap out. Fork out the money upfront for a good one with records. and take care of your maintenance and trips to the garage will not occur often.

forums.bimmerforums.com Take a look around say hello, these people are amazing there are many things well documented with awesome pictures on there. Look around for a Bentley manual on there and give it a look over.
                        I will do that, I just feel like the e30 doesn't have the support of the civic as a tuner base. But i think that's wrong. Well nothing is like a civic... but I'm sure there is a good base. I really would lke to drive an e30 sometime and see if they are better.

How much up front do you think a good one is worth? 3k? 4K? I want to sell my cb and the tiens, but that will only leave me with 3 or 3.5 k at best.

Are you over there on that forum? What is the m52 out of? is it an e36 engine or am I wayyyy off? Sorry, I did some e30 reading but I'm very noob. I realize even the m50 throws weight off to some degree, but it's still a pretty damn good balance, and imo the power seems worth it.

Comment

3-4k should be able to get you a decent one, from what I've seen down there. yes I am a member down there but I was mostly in the e34 forums(I've owned 3 so far). M50 is from either an e36 or e34 325i/525i. 2.5 liter rated at 189 hp. (e30 325is has stock 169hp). the M50 I believe is cast iron block and is a great motor but I kind of like to be different so I'm opting towards an m52 because I won't have the money for an Sxx motor( M series motor).

M52 are out of the 328's they have a little bit more torque and hp... and I think sound a bit better if you ask me.

Both are great motors so you can't really go wrong with either one.

Comment

Damn! Why'd you show me this forum! Now I'm just reading and I need to go to bed. I am going to keep my eyes out for e30's and hatches and see which I decide.

I absolutely love e30's I just worry about maintenance, but other than that they are almost the perfect car... even 18 years ago.

Plus I'm picky, I want a 89 or newer 325is only.

Yeah, the m50 in an e30 sounds like it'd be reasonably quick stock... something like a 16 second car? 170 hp isn't bad, even if the car is heavy compared to a honda.

Do you own a cb7 as well?

Comment

nah, I right now own a DA integra GSR. not exactly a cb but meh it'll do =p

Comment

Working...
                              X