If anyone can believe it was arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone can believe it was arrested

I was arrested around 12am tuesday morning for posession of a stolen vehicle. The police stated that the vin had come up has hot and the vehicle had been stolen from providence, ri nearly a year ago. I thought that this was fucking impossible since i had bought the car from a dealer not a week ago. So long story short i get booked for 12 hrs, appear in front of a judge for a felony of posession of a stolen vehicle. I go back to the police station and they tell me that they may have made an error. They contacted the stolen vehicles owner (quote un qoute). and they owner said that it wasnt there vehicle and that they did not have an audi stolen. The detective believes that the bureau for stolen vehilces in providence entered the vin wrong in the database. I called the dealer, and they have the two pervious titles on the vehicle and owner information.

as it looks now i will be getting my car back hopefully today. What are my rights for being wrongfully arrested? Not only was it horrible to be arrested at 12 am, but i sat in a cell for 12 hrs for something i know i didnt do in the first place. Any legal help would be awesome.
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

call a lawyer right away!!
    you will get paid!!
    (and when you do i will send you my paypal addy for you to tip me )

Comment

You could probably bring up a lawsuit and the city might try and settle out of court. When they do send me $5000.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Call an attorney.

With the exception of the aforementioned advice Don't accept advice from the internet..

Comment

its just crazy, cause anyone that knows me or met me on here knows that i would be the last person ever arrested, especially for stolen vehicle.

Comment

man I am like the rest of them call lawyer
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

so your audi's impounded?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Are you Black or Latino? make it into a BIG scene and let the dollars roll in =p. I don't know what the laws are like in your state, but definately contact a lawyer just to see what your options are. Hope everything works out for you.

Comment

^^^

damn but yeah make some cash out of this

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                    so your audi's impounded?
                    it's just sitting at the police station right now, so no impoud fees.

Comment

As I said to you before ben. Definitely get a lawyer and file a complaint with the dept.

The person who entered your shit appears to have been negligent and you might be able get some money out of that but only if you can prove that you were some how 'damaged' by the whole experience. So i would play up the fact that it was a real emotional experience.

I highly doubt the money is going to roll in for many reasons. 1- ben was only kept in jail for one night. 2- the cops were following their protocol its just that unfortunately one of them has dyslexia or something. 3- Nothing was done intentionally and 4- its providence RI and any of you who know anything about RI know corrupt the system is known to be.

If you can get a decent lawyer to take the case i think you have some options i just don't the gov.is going to pay out anything more than a couple of thousand for the mistake.
                      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                        Are you Black or Latino? make it into a BIG scene and let the dollars roll in =p. I don't know what the laws are like in your state, but definately contact a lawyer just to see what your options are. Hope everything works out for you.
                        Last I knew Ben's Asian man

Originally posted by Rusty
                        As I said to you before ben. Definitely get a lawyer and file a complaint with the dept.

The person who entered your shit appears to have been negligent and you might be able get some money out of that but only if you can prove that you were some how 'damaged' by the whole experience. So i would play up the fact that it was a real emotional experience.

I highly doubt the money is going to roll in for many reasons. 1- ben was only kept in jail for one night. 2- the cops were following their protocol its just that unfortunately one of them has dyslexia or something. 3- Nothing was done intentionally and 4- its providence RI and any of you who know anything about RI know corrupt the system is known to be.

If you can get a decent lawyer to take the case i think you have some options i just don't the gov.is going to pay out anything more than a couple of thousand for the mistake.

Hey Val

Aren't you studying to become a lawyer? I was going to say this may be a good time to put them skills to the test

On another side note that is a bit of a messed up situation and I'm sure it was just an error but being in a holding cell for 12 hours..now that's just messed up.

I'd see some advice thru a local lawyer down there too.
                        Last edited by HenRoc; 01-23-2008, 01:19 PM.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I would be so pissed dude, that is fucked up.

I would claim that being locked up was an emotionally scaring experience and I need $1,000,000 for pain and suffering.

Although, I have to admit its nice to see that they were taking action against a possibly stolen vehical. If the teg were ever stolen, i would hope they pull over every Silver Integra in the state.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                            Hey Val

Aren't you studying to become a lawyer? I was going to say this may be a good time to put them skills to the test
                            lol yes when i'm not on this site yelling at NOOBS i'm usually studying law stuff.

Unfortunately I'm not supose to give advise becuase i haven't passed the bar yet.
                            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

That sucks Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                              X