Doom3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom3

Wow! This is one sick game... still wont beat Counterstrike or HL2, but it's good none the less. It'll tide you over till something better comes. They did a great job bringing the classic to the present. My only quark is not much interaction with the environment (like prelim HL2 stuff), so it's really a shooter.

I haven't played the online yet, having fun with the mission mode right now.

Anyone else played?

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Re: Doom3

Originally posted by akrodha
    Wow! This is one sick game... still wont beat Counterstrike or HL2, but it's good none the less. It'll tide you over till something better comes. They did a great job bringing the classic to the present. My only quark is not much interaction with the environment (like prelim HL2 stuff), so it's really a shooter.

I haven't played the online yet, having fun with the mission mode right now.

Anyone else played?
    I used to play the original Doom back in the day, I guess I need to check out the new one.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

if you like the original, you'll love the new one.

based in space this time.. UAC kicked ass over the years so now they are more paid than Microsoft.

My Cardomain

Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
        if you like the original, you'll love the new one.

based in space this time.. UAC kicked ass over the years so now they are more paid than Microsoft.
        Screen shots?
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

here you go..

I gotta get fraps installed to do my own.

www.doom3.com

My Cardomain

Comment

too scary for me.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

it is. crap jumps out at you all the time, it's dark... it's kinda like resident evil was on a fear factor.. not quite as scary.

My Cardomain

Comment

i wanna play it but, my pentium 2 is kinda out date

My Ride

Comment

Wow, doom 3 is amazing. I can't play it for more than an hour, because I'm too sweaty from being scared. Creatures jumping out of vents, and dark places. Gives me the willys.

Comment

My buddy tells me that I would never be able to run it with what I have

Athlon 1.8ghz
                    1 gig DDR ram
                    Nvidia Geforce4 128mb video card.
                    Soundblaster X-Gamer sound card (nothing special... just came with games! )

Comment

Yeah you could. Here are some tweaks that I found out. They'll increase your performance drastically:

Performance tip #1: In your BASE directory, unzip the .PAK files with winrar in the base directory. For example, one of the PAK files contains a folder "sounds".. unzip it so that the folder is in the BASE directory exactly as is. Do not be afraid to use this. Backup your PAK files to a different directory..be sure to do this once you have unzipped all of them just in case it doesnt work for you. If you do not move these pak files..Doom 3 will keep using them and you will see NO difference in Framerate. And yes, unzip ALL the files and fodlers to the BASE directory..theres a ton of folders and files that might confuse you..just make sure its all in the base directory jsut like your right clicking a zip rile and saying "extract here"

Theres no reason it shouldnt work for you..unless your a retard. MULTIPLAYER DOES NOT WORK WITH THE PAK FILES UNZIPPED!!!!! Remember this, its for single palyer use..you WILL run over 200% better on a quality you think your computer cannot handle.

Performance tip #2: In your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (x:\Program Files\Doom 3\base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad.

Find the line:

seta image_cacheMegs "32"

I changed 32 to 256.

This change will benifit all players whom have at least 1GB of memory, but if you have 512mb, then change the 32--->96.

This has a major impact on the fps, now I'm running around 50 fps at 1024x768.

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

I'm trying to get my Playstation emulator (pcsx) working at the moment... Chrono Cross is running painfully slow, and I have it set at the crappiest level possible.

I think I just need to upgrade the ol' mobo and processor.

Comment

Bought DOOM3 today, amazing game. The only game I've played that's better than it is Rainbow Six : Black Arrow (Xbox), anyone play Xbox Live on here?
                          -pax
                          Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr

Performance tip #1: In your BASE directory, unzip the .PAK files with winrar in the base directory.
                            This will also allow you to put in level cheats if you want to skip around.

My Cardomain

Comment

Man, this makes me want to buy a better computer. I grew up playing the original Doom. Probally explains why im so desentized to violence and satanic stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X